Local Nextcloud

• Thanks to all the great information on this form, I was successfully able to get Nextcloud up and running in Docker using Duckdns and Letsencrpyt. However, this configuration exposes ports 80 and 443 on my server to the Internet. The way I intend to use Nextcloud there is no reason for even taking a chance having my server on the Internet. Is there a way to setup nextcloud so that it is only available locally and not exposed to the internet?

Any information or help would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks!

• There are a couple of TechnoDadLife videos, the first deals with just the local install and the second adds letsencrypt and duckdns to put it on the web. You could do the setup of the first video only. Only problem is the video is a bit dated, using OMV4 and Docker plugin. You might be able to glean enough to make it happen. Can’t hurt to try.

Here you go:

Simple and sure backup and restore: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    OMV 5 (current) - Hardware: Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, & Heimdall - NanoPi M4 (v.1), backup - Odroid XU4, Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2. Mac user trying to convert to Linux on a HP dx2400, Debian 10 XFCE.

• There are a couple of TechnoDadLife videos, the first deals with just the local install and the second adds letsencrypt and duckdns to put it on the web. You could do the setup of the first video only. Only problem is the video is a bit dated, using OMV4 and Docker plugin. You might be able to glean enough to make it happen. Can’t hurt to try.

Here you go:

Thank you! I will take a look and let you know how it goes.

• You know, I may have misspoke a bit. I just made a quick scan through the video and it has a lot of frass that does not translate well into OMV5/Portainer/Stacks/docker-compose. There is a good bit of cli in it in setting up MySQL and other settings.

What you need is a docker-compose file that only contains nextcloud and mariadb elements in it. Search the Internet for something like “local Nextcloud install using docker-compose.”

Simple and sure backup and restore: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    OMV 5 (current) - Hardware: Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, & Heimdall - NanoPi M4 (v.1), backup - Odroid XU4, Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2. Mac user trying to convert to Linux on a HP dx2400, Debian 10 XFCE.

• You could probably use the docker-compose file here in macom ’s Nextcloud Guide and just delete the letsencrypt (swag) portion from line 29 on down. You will have to figure out where to insert a port in the file. In the TechnoDadLife video 3306 was used I think and it was set up in the mariadb docker.

You might try something like this:

Play with it and see what you get. I have jiggered the yml file to reflect what I understand is contained in the TDL video.

Edited 2 times, last by Agricola: Edit content ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!