Plugins that are wanted part 3

• Zitat von "NeurOSick"

Yes to clone the existing OS outside or in the server. Since it is not possible to make a backup of OMV parameters (such as FreeNAS for example, which saves its settings, perform a fresh install and then reapply all settings). I know it is not really possible with OMV since this is great opportunity there too possibility of setting and that's okay as well, otherwise it would say that would be limited;)

You can backup your config and import it back on a new install, it's just not mentioned anywhere. Just save your /etc/openmediavault/config.xml as config.bak on some other device and then save it on the new machine in the same path and restore it with the omv-firstaid command. Done.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Sodden"

You can backup your config and import it back on a new install, it's just not mentioned anywhere. Just save your /etc/openmediavault/config.xml as config.bak on some other device and then save it on the new machine in the same path and restore it with the omv-firstaid command. Done.

Bad idea... Restoring your config.xml doesn't restore everything. Maybe on a very simple install. That is more or less how the backup from OMV 0.2 worked but Volker dumped it because it didn't work right.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Really, the config.xml is only good to look at visibly. Once you understand each section of it you will know everything you had setup before. So it is a good reference to read and then re-setup everything manually. That is all I use it for. You should also back it up before you do any manual edits, which might be necessary from time to time.

• Zitat von "jhmiller"

Totally agree, I think its also worth pointing out that python unlike mono is a system app. Nzbdrone is nice but it has no extra features compared to sickbeard. Also when OMV wheezy is out installing Nzbdrone should be very simple for those that want it.

well it does. nzbdrone has the ability to try a different nzb file should the one it has attempted has failed. something which is REALLY annoying on sickbeard. if a download fails using sickbeard then you have to download it manually.
    that feature, to me, is worth the switch from sickbeard.

• Another plugin suggestion : Piwigo

One of the best Own Photo Gallery using Tags I've tested
    OpenSource and customizable
    This software use php5 mysql

Some screenshots :
    http://piwigo.org/showcase/_da…710124753-551c3d24-me.jpg
    http://piwigo.org/showcase/_da…210163310-d752544a-me.jpg

You can try Demo here : http://piwigo.org/demo/

Official webpage http://piwigo.org/

Tanks :)

NeurOSick
    Hardware ASRock N68C-GS, AMD FX-4100 8GB RAM
    OMV3 Distro + OMV-Extra + Docker + OpenVPN = Unlimited possibilities!

• Honestly, the most useful plugin i can see would be an encrypted disk service. Data can be protected in the normal way on the LAN, but if the disk or machine is stolen, the files would be unrecoverable. This would necessarily ensue a two part "boot" though. Normal booting and exporting, but the files wouldn't be visible until someone logged in and typed in the correct password. I'm not a big fan of USB keys and such to do that (considered the "meat problem.")

• houw about something like sogo.

with samba apache php and mysql already installed, mail management and storage are just as interesting as any other, specially since companies like MS and google are constantly improving thair methods of spying on you...

• an editor for my mysql film database to manage my xbmc movies by a webgui

Server:
    BitFenix Phenom M - ASRock B75 Pro3-M - 8GB Crucial B.S. - Intel G2140 - Corsair CX430M - 1x 64GB SanDisk SDSSDP (system) - 2x 2TB WD20EARX (data) - 1x 3TB WD30EFRX (Snapraid) - TBS6981 DVB-S2 - OMV 0.5x

• The MySQL Plugin has sqlbuddy on board. Its similiar to PHPMyAdmin. Should work fine for this.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Some commercial NAS solutiuons offer the possibility of connectiong to services like NO-IP directly from the main GUI. I think that all that's required is username/password for the service.
    It may be an easy/nice-to-have feature.
    FT

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is a feature on a lot of routers as well. I really think it belongs on the router instead of the NAS.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I would rather see a settings page where you can set marks for every plugin to give the port via upnp to your router and open it up to the internet if you want to - is this possible for a plugin?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!