Plugins that are wanted part 3

• I would like to have a plugin for Postfix, so I could create email adresses for my users, on the local running mail server (Postfix)

And a web-mail plugin would be nice too, buth it should of cause be supported by a normal email client like Thunderbird or similar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:
    Chassis: Fractal Design Node 304
    Board: ASROCK Z87E-ITX
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670T
    CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12S
    System storage: 30GB - Kingston SMS200S3/30G
    Data storage: 4 x 4TB - WD Red WD40EFRX 4TB
    RAM: 16GB
    Ethernet Adapter TP-Link TG-3468 (PCIe)

• Offizieller Beitrag

A mail server plugin is way too much work. You are better to run a mail server (like Zimbra) in a VM.

There is a webmail plugin for external servers called openmediavault-roundcube.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I have seen Roundcube, but I would like to have my own mail-server with my own domain name in my email address.

I have no expirience with mail servers on Linux. I though postfix was a good one, but think i need some kind of webinterface. I tried to configure postfix from the command line, without luck :-|

Then I looked at Webmin, but it was too complicated to configure POstfix, too many fields I didnt know how to use.

Then I suggested you to make a plugin, but I understand that you cant make it, if it is alot of work. I dont know how much time it takes to make a plugin. I can make Androoid apps in Java, and that takes alot of time, so I can imagine that your scripting is time comsuming as well.

I will check ZImbra to see if this is something for me. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:

• Hehe... have a look at the plugin guides ans you may get an idea how long it takes to build plugins, tough the guides are not covering how to build deb files etc.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I just checked Zimbra. It is something like Zimbra I want. But Zimbra is not an opensorce product and is not free. I can only get a 60 days trial license. So I will look for something else.

I have thought about looking into this development area, but Im pretty busy with my APP development, so.... :)

Maybe I should make an APP for for OMV? :)

Software:

Hardware:

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Rocologo"

I just checked Zimbra. It is something like Zimbra I want. But Zimbra is not an opensorce product and is not free. I can only get a 60 days trial license.

Not open source??? There is a paid version with some additional features but it definitely is open source. Check here :) I have used Zimbra since 2005...

You could look at iRedMail or Kolab or Citadel as well - all open source.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "davidh2k"

Hehe... have a look at the plugin guides ans you may get an idea how long it takes to build plugins, tough the guides are not covering how to build deb files etc.

Once the plugin is ready, you need the following tools (depending on the plugin you are building, you may need more):

apt-get install build-essential fakeroot debhelper

To build the .deb:

fakeroot debian/rules clean binary

Done :)

• Rocologo: Why not? I'm offcially your first beta tester if you can deploy it as a webapp or native iphone app :lol: OpenMediaVault as of now lacks a decent mobile support.

Aaron: You're still forgetting about the Files neccessary to build the deb. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• davidh2k: I can only make APP for Android, and I dont this there is a good reason to think about porting the full OMV to an APP. The webinterface works alot better on Kralizec than it did on the old version 0.5. But if we could find a smart feature to implement in an APP, then I would think about it. But only on Android. :)

Actually after I upgraded to Kralizec 1.0.7 my server has never been better. Everything I could not make work on 0.5.53 is actually working on Kralizec. Its very few things I can complain about in the new setup.

Software:

Hardware:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'll have to try it out.

• Zitat von "y4k4"

Glusterfs ?

http://www.gluster.org/communi…ex.php/GlusterFS_Concepts

It could be nice to have many OMV in cluster with a good network cluster filesystem.

I think the same.

I think the only big step (regardless upgrade to kramick with Samba4) remaining for OMV, is clustering.

Clustering with GlusterFS has many advantages that a large number of OWM followers would take advantage from the start, backups, capacity expansion, organization of information, capabilities for virtualization a long etcetera.

I really want to take this step forward. Actively working, contributing many ideas that (in my humble opinion) would make this a breakthrough.

I see from the beginning many of the tasks and difficulties posed by this project, even so I look forward your answers.

Regards.

• It will not be implemented by Volker, but he has said before that he won't stand in the way if someone wants to pull that off with a Plugin. It's just to time consuming for Volker alone so he has to focus on specific features.

Maybe with the future release of OpenMediaVault Kralizec and a growing userbase we will get some more devs on board to fullfill more user wishes.

Greetings
    David

• A little french howto (it's a working & test doc, not in production yet) :

http://www.yakakliker.org/Info…sterfs_sur_Openmediavault

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

It will not be implemented by Volker, but he has said before that he won't stand in the way if someone wants to pull that off with a Plugin. It's just to time consuming for Volker alone so he has to focus on specific features.

Maybe with the future release of OpenMediaVault Kralizec and a growing userbase we will get some more devs on board to fullfill more user wishes.

Greetings
    David

Zitat von "y4k4"

A little french howto (it's a working & test doc, not in production yet) :

http://www.yakakliker.org/Info…sterfs_sur_Openmediavault

In advance, thanks for all.
    Thanks for your work, response and be there.

davidh2k:

Thanks for the effort you carry out this project.
    Right now I'm trying to start up a development team, in order to develop a Gluster Management module in OMV and other projects.
    Since acquiring GlusterFS by Oracle, there are very few open developments that seek to facilitate the installation and management of this clustering system (on Data Management Side).
    I personally think that OMV is the best platform for this purpose.

y4k4:
    Thanks for the tip.
    It could be a good starting point for analyzing the interaction requirements.

For more information and if anyone wants to help in any way, I've opened this topic:http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5184

I will give news soon.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "omvki"

I would like to have Duplicity (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duplicity_%28software%29) as a replacement/extension of the backup-plugin.

What is the advantage of duplicity over rsync (which the plugin uses now) and clonezilla? It still has the same restore problem that rsync has (difficult). I plan on adding rear at some point.

• Thank you for the compliment vecinet.

Greetings
    David

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

What is the advantage of duplicity over rsync (which the plugin uses now) and clonezilla? It still has the same restore problem that rsync has (difficult). I plan on adding rear at some point.

• What happened to the DNSMASQ plugin? I was waiting with the installation of OMV 0.5 cause this plugin still wassn't available. But now it's not even mentioned on the OMV-extras pages.

My setup requires DNSMasq for providing Ip adresses and the location of my TFTP bootserver (OMV) and files on my subnet. Of course I could configure this trough the config files. But with the OMV-dnsmasq plugin life was so much easier :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!