Install Jdownloader on Raspberry Pi 4

• Hello everybody

I used a raspberry pi 4 with docker installed on OMV 5.

I want to install jdownloader container created by jaymoulin.

Here the original command line :

Code
    docker run -d --init --restart=always -v </path/to/downloads>:/opt/JDownloader/Downloads -v </path/to/appdata/config>:/opt/JDownloader/cfg --name jdownloader -u $(id -u) -p 3129:3129 -e MYJD_USER=email@email.com -e MYJD_PASSWORD=bar -e MYJD_DEVICE_NAME=goofy jaymoulin/jdownloader

I changed it this way:

Code
    docker run -d --init --restart=unless-stopped -v /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/Downloads:/opt/JDownloader/Downloads -v /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/appdata/jdownloader/config:/opt/JDownloader/cfg --name jdownloader -u $(id -u) -p 3129:3129 -e MYJD_USER=********* -e MYJD_PASSWORD=******** -e MYJD_DEVICE_NAME=Rpi4 jaymoulin/jdownloader

Apparently the container is installed. I can access to Myjdownloader. I can download files, but I can't see it in my folder /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/Downloads

When I go to settings of myjdownloader the folder path is opt/jdownlaoder/downloads (I don't know where it is... on my SD card?? But I don't want to download there...)

So I changed to /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/Downloads but myjdownloader returns "invalid download directory".

I tried a second install with this code:

Code
    docker run -d --init --restart=unless-stopped -v /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/Downloads:/Downloads -v /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/appdata/jdownloader/config:/cfg --name jdownloader -u $(id -u) -p 3129:3129 -e MYJD_USER=********* -e MYJD_PASSWORD=******** -e MYJD_DEVICE_NAME=Rpi4 jaymoulin/jdownloader

But it did the same way...

So I need some help to understand what's wrong...

Thanx in advance.

"La fleeeeeeeur en bouquet fââââne et jamais ne renaîîîît !!!", Le Roi Burgonde, Kaamelott.

• Hi everybody,

I do more tries :

With that code:

Code
    docker run -d --init --restart=unless-stopped -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD8To/Downloads:/opt/JDownloader/Downloads -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD8To/appdata/jdownloader/config:/opt/JDownloader/cfg --name jdownloader -u $(id -u) -p 3129:3129 -e MYJD_USER=********* -e MYJD_PASSWORD=******** -e MYJD_DEVICE_NAME=Rpi4 jaymoulin/jdownloader

In fact it doesn't work at all. When I look the container in Portainer something turns in round, it says "files or directory is missing"...

If I change it like this:

Code
    docker run -d --init --restart=unless-stopped -v /srv/disk-by-label-WD8To/Downloads:/Downloads -v /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/appdata/jdownloader/config:/cfg --name jdownloader -u $(id -u) -p 3129:3129 -e MYJD_USER=********* -e MYJD_PASSWORD=******** -e MYJD_DEVICE_NAME=Rpi4 jaymoulin/jdownloader

The container seems to work. I can access to myjdownloader.

The folder appdata/jdownloader/config is well created on my HDD but is completely empty.

When I tried to download a file my folder /Downloads is empty.

In myjdownloader I can see the files are downloaded on the SD Card:

But now when I check the SD Card there is no /opt/JDownloader/Downloads folder on it. I have got /opt that's all.

So I don't know where is the file I downloaded...

Any ideas?

Thanx.

"La fleeeeeeeur en bouquet fââââne et jamais ne renaîîîît !!!", Le Roi Burgonde, Kaamelott.

• As I mentioned /opt/JDownloader/Downloads is inside the container. It is not easily accessible as long it’s not mapped to a folder (the path before the:) with the -v flag. Have you removed the container completely before running it again with the changed paths?

• Hi Jeff, thanx for the tutorial.

I did all what you explained, but it still doesn't work.

When I want to download a file I've got an issue : "invalid download directory"

I check the stack several times but it seems to be good :

Any idea?

Thanx in advance.

• I don't have the impression that anyone here has published a solution to the problem - that's why I do this now.

First of all I would strongly recommend you to create a shared folder in OMV for the App JDownloader. For example as follows:

Shared folder: Config (Path: Config; Everyone: Read / Write)

Shared folder: JDownloader (Path: Config/JDownloader; Everyone: Read / Write)

Shared folder: Downloads (Path: Downloads; Everyone: Read / Write)

Next, you must find out your UID and GID using the following command in the console (SSH), e.g. User pi: id pi

-> UID: 1000 and GID: 1000 in my case.

In the following I will show you my configuration for Docker (Portainer), which should solve the problem.

Of course you have to adjust the path to the shared folders.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!