Install Jdownloader on Raspberry Pi 4

• Hello everybody

I used a raspberry pi 4 with docker installed on OMV 5.

I want to install jdownloader container created by jaymoulin.

Here the original command line :

Code
    docker run -d --init --restart=always -v </path/to/downloads>:/opt/JDownloader/Downloads -v </path/to/appdata/config>:/opt/JDownloader/cfg --name jdownloader -u $(id -u) -p 3129:3129 -e MYJD_USER=email@email.com -e MYJD_PASSWORD=bar -e MYJD_DEVICE_NAME=goofy jaymoulin/jdownloader

I changed it this way:

Code
    docker run -d --init --restart=unless-stopped -v /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/Downloads:/opt/JDownloader/Downloads -v /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/appdata/jdownloader/config:/opt/JDownloader/cfg --name jdownloader -u $(id -u) -p 3129:3129 -e MYJD_USER=********* -e MYJD_PASSWORD=******** -e MYJD_DEVICE_NAME=Rpi4 jaymoulin/jdownloader

Apparently the container is installed. I can access to Myjdownloader. I can download files, but I can't see it in my folder /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/Downloads

When I go to settings of myjdownloader the folder path is opt/jdownlaoder/downloads (I don't know where it is... on my SD card?? But I don't want to download there...)

So I changed to /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/Downloads but myjdownloader returns "invalid download directory".

I tried a second install with this code:

Code
    docker run -d --init --restart=unless-stopped -v /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/Downloads:/Downloads -v /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/appdata/jdownloader/config:/cfg --name jdownloader -u $(id -u) -p 3129:3129 -e MYJD_USER=********* -e MYJD_PASSWORD=******** -e MYJD_DEVICE_NAME=Rpi4 jaymoulin/jdownloader

But it did the same way...

So I need some help to understand what's wrong...

Thanx in advance.

"La fleeeeeeeur en bouquet fââââne et jamais ne renaîîîît !!!", Le Roi Burgonde, Kaamelott.

• Hi everybody,

I do more tries :

With that code:

Code
    docker run -d --init --restart=unless-stopped -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD8To/Downloads:/opt/JDownloader/Downloads -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD8To/appdata/jdownloader/config:/opt/JDownloader/cfg --name jdownloader -u $(id -u) -p 3129:3129 -e MYJD_USER=********* -e MYJD_PASSWORD=******** -e MYJD_DEVICE_NAME=Rpi4 jaymoulin/jdownloader

In fact it doesn't work at all. When I look the container in Portainer something turns in round, it says "files or directory is missing"...

If I change it like this:

Code
    docker run -d --init --restart=unless-stopped -v /srv/disk-by-label-WD8To/Downloads:/Downloads -v /srv/disk-by-label-WD8to/appdata/jdownloader/config:/cfg --name jdownloader -u $(id -u) -p 3129:3129 -e MYJD_USER=********* -e MYJD_PASSWORD=******** -e MYJD_DEVICE_NAME=Rpi4 jaymoulin/jdownloader

The container seems to work. I can access to myjdownloader.

The folder appdata/jdownloader/config is well created on my HDD but is completely empty.

When I tried to download a file my folder /Downloads is empty.

In myjdownloader I can see the files are downloaded on the SD Card:

But now when I check the SD Card there is no /opt/JDownloader/Downloads folder on it. I have got /opt that's all.

So I don't know where is the file I downloaded...

Any ideas?

Thanx.

"La fleeeeeeeur en bouquet fââââne et jamais ne renaîîîît !!!", Le Roi Burgonde, Kaamelott.

• As I mentioned /opt/JDownloader/Downloads is inside the container. It is not easily accessible as long it’s not mapped to a folder (the path before the:) with the -v flag. Have you removed the container completely before running it again with the changed paths?

• RoiBurgonde

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • I don't have the impression that anyone here has published a solution to the problem - that's why I do this now.

First of all I would strongly recommend you to create a shared folder in OMV for the App JDownloader. For example as follows:

Shared folder: Config (Path: Config; Everyone: Read / Write)

Shared folder: JDownloader (Path: Config/JDownloader; Everyone: Read / Write)

Shared folder: Downloads (Path: Downloads; Everyone: Read / Write)

Next, you must find out your UID and GID using the following command in the console (SSH), e.g. User pi: id pi

-> UID: 1000 and GID: 1000 in my case.

In the following I will show you my configuration for Docker (Portainer), which should solve the problem.

Of course you have to adjust the path to the shared folders.

• Here's what I did:

Went to https://my.jdownloader.org and created an account.

Went to the terminal and entered id to check the PUID and GUID.

Created a shared folder jdownloader and clicked on the reference column header to show the absolute path, which in my case is

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-926A18B76A1899D5/jdownloader

Create a stack in Portainer and entered the ff. code:

version: '2'

services:
    jdownloader:
    image: jaymoulin/jdownloader
    container_name: jdownloader
    restart: always
    user: 1000:1000
    volumes:
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-926A18B76A1899D5/jdownloader:/cfg
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-926A18B76A1899D5/jdownloader:/downloads
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-926A18B76A1899D5/jdownloader:/logs #optional
    - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro #optional
    environment:
    MYJD_USER: myemail@email.com #optional (see [Identify](https://github.com/jaymoulin/docker-jdownloader#identify))
    MYJD_PASSWORD: mypassword #optional (see [Identify](https://github.com/jaymoulin/docker-jdownloader#identify))
    MYJD_DEVICE_NAME: mydevicename #optional
    XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR: /downloads #optional
    ports:
    - 3129:3129

For the user field, I entered the PUID and GUID I got from the terminal.

I entered the absolute path of the shared folder I created in each of the volumes.

I entered the email address and password I used to register in the Jdownloader site.

I entered anything for the device name.

I made sure that the XDG download dir is the same as what I used for the downloads directory in the volumes field (I used the part that came after the ":" and not the absolute path).

I deployed the stack.

I went to the container section of the Portainer page, clicked on the logs button of the Jdownloader container, and viewed it and waited until it updated at 100%,

I went back to https://my.jdownloader.org and refreshed it to see that mydevicename is activated, and then used that to download a sample Youtube video.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sometimes copy/paste mangles the indentions in a yml file so it’s hard to tell if some of your troubles involve those indentions. They DO matter. Also I have never seen PUID and PGID entered as user: 1000/1000. I don’t use jdownloader but here is an example of a docker-compose.yml file that shows what I mean. Hope this helps:

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!