Hard Drive Switch

• I am trying to upgrade to a 6TB drive from a 4TB. I can use rsync to transfer files properly from the old drive, but I want to ensure that the new drive is read as the old drive by OMV. I setup PLEX, and am trying not to complicate things by having to set it (and other things) up all over again. How would I go about doing so? Thanks!

• The easiest way is to clone the 4TB drive to the 6TB drive and ensure that the cloning also expands the copied drive to the full available size.

I suggest using gparted to do this. Just be very careful that you properly select the source drive and destination drive because the destination drive will be wiped and overwritten completely.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is a section on full disk mirroring at about page 60 of the Guide GETTING STARTED WITH OMV 5 in the Guides section of the forum. Illustrations and easy to follow.

I use this setup to backup. The best part of the guide above is the backup recovery explanation. Your backup is only as reliable as the recovery process.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!