OMV5 Installation issue

• Hi,

So i have been using this guide to install OMV5 on Rapberry PI 4 [How-To] Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose made by Macoon

It all goes fine until i get to this page

i enter the information as stated on the instructions but when i click on "Finish Setup" after about 3 minutes i get this

this happens everytime i do an install of nextcloud, waiting about 10 minutes and then going to the Nextcloud page everything seems to be ok but im just wondering if i should be concenred about the "504 Gateway Time-out"

• I have set up Nextcloud three times in the past couple of years and I have had this problem every time with initial setup of Nextcloud. You (I) probably did not wait near long enough to let “everything” settle in. I guess it takes quite a while for the database to finish setup. I don’t think there is anything to worry about. Maybe someone who actually knows will chime in, but I’m not that guy.

Enjoy your install ... and backup your data and OS. :-)

Simple and sure backup and restore: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    OMV 5 (current) - Hardware: Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, & Heimdall - NanoPi M4 (v.1), backup - Odroid XU4, Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2. Mac user trying to convert to Linux on a HP dx2400, Debian 10 XFCE.

• I have set up Nextcloud three times in the past couple of years and I have had this problem every time with initial setup of Nextcloud. You (I) probably did not wait near long enough to let “everything” settle in. I guess it takes quite a while for the database to finish setup. I don’t think there is anything to worry about. Maybe someone who actually knows will chime in, but I’m not that guy.

Enjoy your install ... and backup your data and OS. :-)

Thank you for your reply, I've not had any issues since the install so I'm assuming it's all ok

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!