Syncthing Docker on OMV5 Problems with RAID

• Hello,

I have problems to set up my Syncthing Docker on OMV5 with RAID. I have 4x4Tb harddrives as a RAID0 and try to create a Docker with this Code from hub.Docker.com:

The data2 path i don't know how to do because this path where syncthing is getting it's data from is my own pc not my NAS. But yes, thats how i tried. After deploying the docker i deleted the default folder and connected my pc and NAS together etc. But the problem is i cannot set my folders correctly. I set my Folder on my PC with the path on a harddrive. But when i connect everything together i notice on my NAS that i cannot set the correct path to my folder on my NAS with RAID. It says there is a permission problem and inotify limit.

The inotify problem can be solved with a command i found online

Zitat

On many Linux distributions you can run the following to fix it:

Code
    echo "fs.inotify.max_user_watches=204800" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf

On Arch Linux and potentially others it is preferred to write this line into a separate file, i.e. you should run:

Code
    echo "fs.inotify.max_user_watches=204800" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.d/90-override.conf

This only takes effect after a reboot. To adjust the limit immediately, run:

Code
    sudo sh -c 'echo 204800 > /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches'

but the permission problem i cannot fix. Whatever i the Docker fails to create the folder in the path and it puts the folder in config :(

It stays the same even when i create the folder myself.

But normaly the PUID and PGID is from the admin account and the sharefolder where i want to put the data from my pc is only accessable by a User and the admin by OMV settings, so in my thinking it should be possible to create the folder by the Docker with admin rights or am i wrong?

And why it puts the folder to the config folder...

Nevertheless i don't lnow what to do now :(

I just want to syncronize my data from my pc to my NAS automatically..

Any ideas?

• On a RPi =O how did you do that, why did you do that

Haha i do because i have everything saved in other drives, this is just for fun for my on the go access.

And i did by i forgot how it is called but some software i installed on the pi and i did a raid in the terminal and after that put it in OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

this is just for fun for my on the go access

Well I'm sure it will be a bundle of fun when it craps out, as I'm sure you understand the intricacies of using a Raid on USB not just any Raid but Raid0 8o

BTW syncthing is a PIA to set up, more trouble than it's worth IMHO, but search the forum there are threads about it, Oh and BTW why are you using the Admin user, create a separate user for docker deployment.

• Well I'm sure it will be a bundle of fun when it craps out, as I'm sure you understand the intricacies of using a Raid on USB not just any Raid but Raid0 8o

BTW syncthing is a PIA to set up, more trouble than it's worth IMHO, but search the forum there are threads about it, Oh and BTW why are you using the Admin user, create a separate user for docker deployment.

Yes if it fails then things will be difficult but gladly i have them one time extra on my PC. I am no pro, i am very new to OMV and the NAS topic since 2 month but i just experiment around with my Pi4 and OMV and Dockers. If i do my next big NAS then i do it properly with a other RAID and other external HDDS for extra a backup.

Or maybe i just wipe my current NAS and start it new, who knows. Qurrently i just try to find my personal good solution for my data on the go that can work with it and have everything ready when i need with the flexibillity i want for example with Dockers (Nextcloud, Jellyfin, VPN etc...). So there is nothing higly important on my NAS but thanks for telling me :)

Ah and why i choose a PI4, because i like the fact that if i say i want do something else with the Pi then i just do it and put another SD card in and go. I don't like when a NAS is bought finish and if i don't use it anymore then it sits at home off power and i will not use it and i wasted so much money. I like when i can reuse it and also i am not a power user with 500mbit lan connection so i just do basic stuff for personal needs. And the Pi handles ist very well for my suprise :)

Mhm...so Syncthing is not good? What would you recommend me? I search something that in future i automatically can syncronise my data from my PC to my NAS for on the go acess whenever i need it (I wish it to be seperate and not running on my PC) and of course a backup is manually with external drives at home.

No worry, i only acess it with a VPN to my Fritzbox so no FTP or SFTP needed.

Ah okey but how i do this? Choose a different User for Docker? I thought i always have to use admin...:|

• Copaxy

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!