Method https has died unexpectedly!

• tested, docker installed:

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-extras 5.4.2 will allow you to install docker.io from the Docker tab if the docker repo is disabled and will show the right status.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• omv-extras 5.4.2 will allow you to install docker.io from the Docker tab if the docker repo is disabled and will show the right status.

Thanks a lot.

omvextras updated & tested; woks as expected:

• omv-extras 5.4.2 will allow you to install docker.io from the Docker tab if the docker repo is disabled and will show the right status.

Great....that seems like a good solution for anyone that has got a problem with the Docker repo

To clarify - if I add OMV_DISABLE_DOCKER="YES" to /etc/default/openmediavault will I then be able to manually update Docker using the 3 deb files from https://download.docker.com/li…dists/buster/pool/stable/?

Will omv-extras continue to show the correct Docker details and status?

Obviously the omv-extras docker install button will not work but I can live with that

If this works I should be able to keep using the most up to date version of Docker and keep apt updates working correctly

• Offizieller Beitrag

To clarify - if I add OMV_DISABLE_DOCKER="YES" to /etc/default/openmediavault will I then be able to manually update Docker using the 3 deb files from https://download.docker.com/li…dists/buster/pool/stable/?

yes

Will omv-extras continue to show the correct Docker details and status?

Probably but you won't be able to use anything else in the Docker tab. The code looks to see if the system is i386 or has docker.com in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list and if either is true, it will always check for docker.io. Is there a reason you don't want to use the version in the Debian repos? it is 18.09 which is plenty new to do just about anything.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• yes

Probably but you won't be able to use anything else in the Docker tab. The code looks to see if the system is i386 or has docker.com in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list and if either is true, it will always check for docker.io. Is there a reason you don't want to use the version in the Debian repos? it is 18.09 which is plenty new to do just about anything.

I am used to making sure that software is always the most up to date version available, but I suppose it wouldn't matter if Docker was a few versions behind the latest so long as there are no critical flaws that need fixing. Using the Debian Docker version would make server admin easier!!

Is there is a relatively easy way to get from one version to the other?

If I uninstall the current version of Docker will all existing containers be removed as well? or will the config be preserved so the Debian Docker version can pickup where the other left off?

The config data is mapped to a folder on the HDD so this would be safe

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!