Method https has died unexpectedly!

• I do a fresh install of OMV5, and do apt-get update and apt-get upgrades, install several default plugin well, but always when I install latest omv_extras 5.4, after that i can't update system, always say Method https has died unexpectedly!

If I uninstall OMV_extras, apt-get update, works fine.

someone can help me?.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your network must like one of the repos omv-extras is adding. Add

OMV_DISABLE_TEAMVIEWER="YES"

to /etc/default/openmediavault

and then

sudo omv-salt stage run prepare

sudo omv-salt deploy run omvextras

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• sorry, still fail, my work:

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "openm|apt|curl"

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• is:

• if I uninstall OMV-Extras, apt-get update works, and your last commad is:

I do not see differences that explain why do not work when install OMV-Extras,

Code
    apt-transport-https

is the same version with or without omv-extras installed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I do not see differences that explain why do not work when install OMV-Extras

All omvextras does is add repos. It doesn't do any weird magic. Your system doesn't like one of the repos for some reason. Thousands of users would be having this issue otherwise. I find it strange that your system doesn't have libcurl3-gnutls on it though. I would install it and then omvextras to see if you have the issue:

sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends libcurl3-gnutls

• libcurl3-gnutls instaled, still same problem.

I can do other aproach, I can do a new fresh reinstall, and before do any update, try to install OMV extras.

my point is that the problem happens because I do an update of OMV and once updated , I install OMV-Extras.

if still do not work is clearly a problem with OMV-Extras, if work is something related to use latest version of ¿apt? ( something)

• still same faul, so it's clear a omv-extra problem like you said.

complementary info:

install of OMV-extras

update:

apt-get update fail with seg fault.

• Hi,

Sorry to interrupt your thread but I have exactly the same problem with my OMV 5 updates.

I have been using OMV 5 sucessfully for nearly a year until about 2 months ago when the updates started to fail with the same error message as raulfg3

(E: Method https has died unexpectedly! E: Sub-process https received a segmentation fault)

My Linux knowledge is limited and after many hours on google trying to find a solution I joined the OMV forum this evening in the hope that someone would be able to assist. In a massive coincidence this thread was at the top of the latest posts!!

I don't know if this is relevant or not but I am using exactly the same hardware as raulfg3 - HP T510 thin client with a SATA SSD for the OMV installation and a SATA HDD for data. It also has 4GB of ram installed.

These are the OMV error messages -

I haven't tried uninstalling OMV-Extras but I am happy to try if it will pinpoint the problem.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help, hopefully we can find a solution.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Once again, this is not an omv-extras problem. Maybe the repo that omv-extras adds is causing this.

Try this:

sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list

sudo apt-get update

If that works, then we know it is the repo.

omv-salt deploy run omvextras will recreate the file

I might also try: sudo apt-get install --reinstall libcurl3-gnutls apt

• Thanks for your quick reply,

I deleted the omvextras.list file, ran apt-get update and it worked correctly

So it looks like it is something to do with the omv-extras repo

I will run omv-salt deploy run omvextras to see if the fault returns

I have just remembered that the problem was intermitant for a couple of weeks if it is relevant

• I ran omv-salt deploy run omvextras which recreated the omvextras.list file

apt-get update now fails with the same error (E: Method https has died unexpectedly)

It looks like we have found the problem

• I don't think stopping the docker repo from working is a long term solution.......at least I can update everything else for the first time in over 2 months!!

My knowledge of Linux is limited but now that we know the docker repo is causing problems with our hardware configuration hopefully someone will get to the bottom of the issue in the not too distant future

For reference I can ping download.docker.com so it is not a DNS problem

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, it isn't the omv-extras repos. Not much I can do to fix the docker repo. The docker repo is fine on all of my OMV systems. Everything I read about apt segfaulting said to reinstall apt and/or libcurl3-gnutls. Not sure what else to try.

• Offizieller Beitrag

did it reinstall apt or libcurl3-gnutls or both?

It should've reinstalled both.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!