Hard start with openmediavault

• Hi,

I tried to replace 2 freenas servers to OPV. I started with my Backup serveur.

First I need to fix the ethernet ip address.

When I boot the OS, I always have this error:

ACPI BIOS ERROR (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCIO.SATO.P]

ACPI Error: Abording method \_SB.PCIO.SATO.PRTO._GTF due to previ

ACPI BIOS ERROR (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCIO.SATO.P]

ACPI Error: Abording method \_SB.PCIO.SATO.PRTO._GTF due to previ

/dev/sda2: clean 50369/13844480 files, 1570600/5358464 blocks

Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD

Thanks,

Volkanos

• First I need to fix the ethernet ip address

?( in what way, if you are having issues connecting via a browser or ssh then with the use of a keyboard and monitor, login and run omv-firstaid

When I boot the OS, I always have this error:

If you do a google search these appear to be a generic error and can be ignored as they relate to firmware or an oem issue with the board, some suggest checking for a bios update.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

• My preferred way of handling IP addresses in my home LAN is to do it on a combined Dnsasque and DHCP server. Many modern home routers combine DHCP with Dnsmasque. I use a separate small Gl-Inet router for this, specifically as a DHCP and Dnsmasque server.

This allows you to permanently map server MAC addresses not only to an IP but also to a local host name. And you get a central point for administration and and backup of the LAN. If I install a new OS on a server, it automatically has the same IP and host name, without me having to do anything on the server. Nice!

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!