Hard start with openmediavault

• Hi,

I tried to replace 2 freenas servers to OPV. I started with my Backup serveur.

First I need to fix the ethernet ip address.

When I boot the OS, I always have this error:

ACPI BIOS ERROR (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCIO.SATO.P]

ACPI Error: Abording method \_SB.PCIO.SATO.PRTO._GTF due to previ

ACPI BIOS ERROR (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCIO.SATO.P]

ACPI Error: Abording method \_SB.PCIO.SATO.PRTO._GTF due to previ

/dev/sda2: clean 50369/13844480 files, 1570600/5358464 blocks

Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD

Thanks,

Volkanos

• Offizieller Beitrag

First I need to fix the ethernet ip address

?( in what way, if you are having issues connecting via a browser or ssh then with the use of a keyboard and monitor, login and run omv-firstaid

When I boot the OS, I always have this error:

If you do a google search these appear to be a generic error and can be ignored as they relate to firmware or an oem issue with the board, some suggest checking for a bios update.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My preferred way of handling IP addresses in my home LAN is to do it on a combined Dnsasque and DHCP server. Many modern home routers combine DHCP with Dnsmasque. I use a separate small Gl-Inet router for this, specifically as a DHCP and Dnsmasque server.

This allows you to permanently map server MAC addresses not only to an IP but also to a local host name. And you get a central point for administration and and backup of the LAN. If I install a new OS on a server, it automatically has the same IP and host name, without me having to do anything on the server. Nice!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!