Problem logging in. How do I delete the database and start over from beginning

• I tried to migrate from ovm 4 to 5 and had som problems so I decided to set everyting up again. So I purged all openmediavualt. and installed it again. What happens now is i can login with a non admin user I created on the old version. but not the admin. I have tried to reset password with omv-firstaid but it don't accept my password when I try to login. Is there a way to delete the database and start from scratch?

• If you did a fresh install from scratch it would impossible to retain any of the settings from the old installation. There is no way OMV could know anything about users that were on the old system.

You should also mention things you tried that didn't work.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Ok. I have done a new try. WHat I now have done is that i have listed all openmediavault packages I have. i have done a apt purge on all of them. I have deleted all files in /etc/openmediavault that was left over, the same for /open/share/mediavault after that I reinstalled (openmediavault and openmediavault keyring) I get to the login page but it don't accept username admin with password: openmediavault. if I do a omv-firstaid it says it sucsessfully updated the password but I still can't login.

• And this is what i get:

ror #0:

OMV\HttpErrorException: Incorrect username or password. in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc:151

Stack trace:

#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)

#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)

#4 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()

#5 {main}

• You'll need to provide full information about exactly what you are doing. It looks like you are not doing an iso install. Why is that?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I was upgrading my debian 9 to debian 10 and after that I want to install openmediavault 5. I don't want to mess around with my current raid array so I don't like to start compleatly from scratch installing from an iso

• Unless you have some weird RAID setup it should be directly importable into an iso install.

--

• But I have other things installed to. And I really don't want to start from scratch. I still think it is strange that I can login with another user I created before I deleted everything. there must be a way to delete everything that has to do with omv and instsall it again.

• Users and groups are a Linux thing. You are adding OMV into Linux. This doesn't alter any existing users. You'll have to delete them from within Linux if you can't delete them from within OMV. Have you tried this?

--

• MangeH73

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!