NFS export of remote mount gives "mount(2): Permission denied"

• What I would like to achieve:

• there are 3 machines involved:
      • otherfs: here resides an SMB share that I mount remotely on omv and that I want to share using omv
      • omv: here I mount a share from otherfs using the Remote Mount Plugin, an I want to share a folder from this mount via NFS to client
      • client: on this machine i want to mount from omv using NFS the subfolder of the otherfs-share mounted remotely on omv

I know the whole setup sound strange, but the requirements are special too, so I cannot have the client mount the share sirectly from otherfs.

What did work so far:

• mount the share from otherfs using SMB and Remote Mount Plugin on omv
    • verifying that the share mount works locally by finding the right path in /etc/fstab and visiting it and looking around
    • create a share on omv that provides a subfolder from the remotely mounted share from otherfs
    • setting the permissions for the share
    • export the share on omv using NFS
    • verifying that the export path in /etc/exports works locally by visiting it and looking around
    • checking with showmount -e that the export looks fine on omv and on the client

Where I need help:

• setting the ACL permissions does NOT work and runs into an error when trying to commit the change
    • mounting the NFS exports locally on omv or on the client:
      • manually mounting the export works for other shares on omv, but not for this one. using -vvv for mount shows that various versions are tried and then v3 on UDP produces:
        mount.nfs: mount(2): Permission denied
        This happens locally on omv, as well as on the client.
      • I verified that the share permissions are the same as for the other shares on omv.

I have no idea why this happens, since the mount point work perfectly fine locally on omv.

I would be very happy if someone could kindly point me in the right direction.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!