Plex Docker rights

• Hi,

I want to give Plex access only to my user test with docker plex .

I created a user: test

test is in the groups: users, sambashare,docker

Access rights management:

Privileges: test: read/write

ACL: test= read/write

Owner: root= RW and execute

Group: users= RW and execute

Other = None

Replace = Check

Recursice = Check

My shared folder: backup

In the console I see this rights

drwxrws---+ 5 root users 4096 Oct 15 20:51 backup

-rwxrwx---+ 1 root users for my avi file

With plex interface, I see my folder backup but no media can't be found

Plex docker

test uid=1000 gid=100

so PUID = 1000 and PGID=100 for the ENV.

UMASK_SET=022

Anybody have an idea?

Thanks

Volkanos

• I would avoid using ACLs in OMV unless you know exactly what you are doing. Same thing with permissions manipulated in the OMV GUI.

It isn't complicated. The vast majority of Plex problems are directly related to not having the proper permissions set on the files and folders such that user the program runs as has the correct access permissions. Wrapping Plex in Docker adds another opportunity to get this wrong.

The user the docker container runs as must have sufficient permission to access the media files and folders, and the container config folder.

This means at least read permission on your media files, read and execute permission on your media folders, and read, write permission on the directory that the /config docker container path is bind mounted into.

Having the applicable media files and folders owned by root is not a good idea. You should have created a separate user for all this stuff.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!