OMV Can't update after changing IP Address

• I changed my network from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.2.x and now I can't get my OMV 5 installation to fetch and install updates. I'm guessing its a DNS issue because when it tries to check for updates via the CL, it says could not resolve.

I've tried changing the name server from the IP Address of my pihole to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 and none of them seem to be working. I've tried resetting the interface from OMV-FirstAid and made changes in the webGUI as well. I've restarted the machine multiple times. What else should I try?

• Is the rest of your network now in 192.168.2.x, including your router?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Can you ping numerical IPs of public internet sites from your OMV machine?

If you can't it's not a DNS problem.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Then you have no working DNS. That name resolves to 8.8.8.8, which you can ping. You need to fix this.

--

• Then you have no working DNS. That name resolves to 8.8.8.8, which you can ping. You need to fix this.

If I use a different machine on the same network, i can ping dns.google just fine. Its only my OMV machine that is having DNS issues.

My best guess is that somewhere there is a setting in OMV that I missed regarding DNS. As mentioned, I've rebooted OMV multiple times, and changed the DNS server under network > interfaces > ethernet > DNS server and also via OMV-firstaid > configure network interface

Any other ideas?

• When I upgraded ny OMV from 4 to 5 it kept deleting the /etc/resolv.conf file which broke DNS resolution. Check that file on your machine and see what's inside it. If it's empty or missing try populating it like this and see what happens:

Eventually after some system updates I stopped having problems, and I am unsure whether this file is even needed anymore. On my machine it exists as a symbolic link to /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf

--

• When I upgraded ny OMV from 4 to 5 it kept deleting the /etc/resolv.conf file which broke DNS resolution. Check that file on your machine and see what's inside it. If it's empty or missing try populating it like this and see what happens:

Eventually after some system updates I stopped having problems, and I am unsure whether this file is even needed anymore. On my machine it exists as a symbolic link to /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf

/etc/resolv.conf had a single 192.168.1.x entry, and /etc/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf had a 192.168.1.x entry as well as 8.8.8.8. I edited both of those manually, removed 8.8.8.8 from the latter and rebooted for good measure, and we seem to be back in business!

How are those files generated? Its strange that they never got updated from first-aid or network - interfaces

• I'm not sure how they are generated. I couldn't get it to work after using the GUI or omv-firstaid so I edited the file by hand. It got deleted a few times along the way until some update must have fixed it. But I do not know how.

I would say be prepared for it to break again. And when it does you know what to do :)

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

/etc/reslov.conf should be symlinked to /etc/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 32 Dec 21 2019 resolv.conf -> /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf

For some reason this link is not created on some systems. Creating it manually helps.

ln -s /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf /etc/

• I can check that tonight, but regardless of symlink it didn't update to the proper ip address via anything i had done previously until it got updated manually.

Sorry to jump in on a thread - wanted to say thanks as this fixed my issue

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!