pi 4 help regarding usb raid

• I installed open media but was kind of dissapointed to find i cant have raid 1 on usb so my question is can i do soemthing else add on or plugin which mirrors one drive,i have about 5tb of data i cant afford to leave to chance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are there any guides to this im new to open media vault

https://drive.google.com/file/…WuyhixAc/view?usp=sharing

That's a pic of my current setup. It's really quite simple.. the hardest thing is the scheduling is a little awkward if it's not set up properly. The easiest way is to set up your "working drive", and it will be your "source". Have all your media, files, etc.. in folders under 1 folder. The "target" is the "backup". I don't put that drive in any services at all, other than rsync, so data cannot accidentally be deleted from there by users over SMB, NFS, etc. Then schedule the job. In the example above... That job runs every day at 0900. if I wanted it to run say, every 9 hours.. then I would set it exactly as above, and enable the "N" trigger next to the hour

Couple caveats on scheduling. If as above, it's set to 9, and the "minutes" was set to 15... then every day at 0900, the job would run over and over for 15 minutes. If the N trigger was enabled on 0900 and 15, then it would run once, at 0915. If you have it set to to 9, and the "minutes" to *.. then every day at 9, at the top of the hour it is going to run over and over for 60min. Thus why my Minutes is set to "0", as I want it to run once at the top of the hour, and that's it. I've never messed with the days/weeks much as I prefer my drive back up daily, but I'm sure it operates similarly.

It's not in the pic, but at the bottom you'll see the "delete" trigger.. I personally leave that off. Basically if anything on the source is deleted, when the job runs again, it will also be deleted from the "backup". By leaving it off, it is not deleted from the backup. This is nice so if I find I've accidentally deleted a file, etc.. I can just SSH in my server, go to my backup drive, and copy it back to the source via command line. Every couple of weeks, I usually log in, enable the delete trigger, run the job manually to bring the drives completely in sync, then turn it off again.

Hope that helps.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you are comfortable with this you might want to have a look at rsnapshot. It is based on rsync, but creates snapshots. So you are able to go back in time and restore previous versions.

I didn't think rsnapshot did local backups, only remote. Might have to check it again

• Offizieller Beitrag

Another way to do the same backup using Rsync is through Scheduled Tasks using the following command:

rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/

This method allows you to have multiple shares in your SOURCE drive (again, none in the backup or DESTINATION drive.) As in KM0201 ’s version you can leave off the delete variable until you are comfortable with the process.

(From crashtest ’s Getting Started with Openmediavault 5 beginning on page 59.)

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!