Issues When Creating File System

• I had a hard drive failure and replaced with with an SSD. I'm running OMV5 on a RPI 3 and have run into an issue when trying to create a new file system on the new drive. I partitioned and formatted the SSD as sdc1 (EXT4) and OMV identifies it with no problem in Disks (/dev/sdc). When I go to the File System section, the drive shows up as /dev/sdc1 but when I click on Create and then Device, it shows a loading screen momentarily and then I get a red box on the Select Device box and no choices show up. As a matter of fact, I get the same problem on every device. I have not run into this issue before and have not found a solution on how to fix it.

I had to manually delete the failed drive from the OMV /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file and it's gone from the file systems and shared drive list so don't think it's due to any issues with the failed drive.

I've updated my OMV installation to 5.5.12-1 and all other updates have been installed. Appreciate any help!

Thanks!

• Looks like I still have the other drive referenced somewhere else but not sure where/how to fix it:

Code
    Oct 20 23:19:26 raspberrypi monit[1444]: Lookup for '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Hitachi' filesystem failed  -- not found in /proc/self/mounts
    Oct 20 23:19:26 raspberrypi monit[1444]: Filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Hitachi' not mounted
    Oct 20 23:19:26 raspberrypi monit[1444]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Hitachi' unable to read filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Hitachi' state
    Oct 20 23:19:26 raspberrypi monit[1444]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Hitachi' trying to restart
    Oct 20 23:19:26 raspberrypi monit[1444]: 'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Hitachi' status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Hitachi is not a mountpoint
    Oct 20 23:19:56 raspberrypi monit[1444]: Filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Hitachi' not mounted
  • Did you try to wipe the new drive in OMV?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Not sure hat happened but everything seems to be running properly at this time but am still having issues with the SMB shares, probably due to the failed drive not being properly deleted.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!