Webpage Login issues "Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused​:"

• Hi everybody,

Today I decided to register myself on the forum, until now I just used the forum for info and that was enough.

Sadly now I have a problem for which I still did not find a fix, found a couple of similar issues but the root cause was different so the fixes presented did not solve my problem.

I am in the process of migrating my Synology to a OMV 5 NAS running on a HP Proliant microserver GEN8 and have most of the stuff I want setup and working.

I kept the NAS Install as clean as possible and installed all apps in Docker.

To maximize store I opted for Union FS and Snapraid.

Sys I have installed on the USB drive (having serious doubts if this was a good choice).

Everything has been running fine for a couple of months now, a couple of weeks back I notice the system did not come up and though my ILO board i notice I had a corrupt USB drive.

I managed to fix the USB drive with the rescue procedure presented during boot and all seemed fine.

But I can't login to the web interface, I get the error (which is quite generic) "Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused:"

Th details display the following:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

I can login though ssh though.

Most issues similar to this one that I can find are related to installation of new plugins, missing php-bcmath of because of conflicting PHP version installation.

I did not do any changes to the system prior to the issues and php-bcmath is on the system, I did OMV-FIRSTAID etc. but no issues where found.

When I start OMV in debug mode (omv-engined -f -d) it throws this errors:

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "openmed|omv"

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "openmed|omv"

Hi,

Thank you for you response!

Here is the output:

• Offizieller Beitrag

All of the packages look ok. The omvextras-unionbackend should supply the file that omv-engined is complaining about. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep php

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• All of the packages look ok. The omvextras-unionbackend should supply the file that omv-engined is complaining about. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep php

• All of the packages look ok. The omvextras-unionbackend should supply the file that omv-engined is complaining about. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep php

Strange, I also thought the issue might be that the drives are not accessible but they are:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe: apt-get install --reinstall omvextras-unionbackend

• Maybe: apt-get install --reinstall omvextras-unionbackend

Ok, did this but get the same error in webpage, starting in debug mode on the command prompt returns a new error though. Now it is complaining about CIFS backend.

Sounds a bit like this:

here

But this has been working before and in this example that seems not o be the case, also not sure what I would be missing, not the remote mount plugin I believe?

• Got a bit further installing remote mount seems to fix the login issue.

Code
    apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault-remotemount

Not sure what else is broken, but now I can search further, thank you for your help so far.

Will keep you updated on my progress.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!