UTF-8 : Folder with accents suddenly invisible in navigation or SSH but still in FTP

• Hello there,

OMV version 5.5.12-1 (Usul)

I have suddenly an issue with UTF-8 encodage of files and folders originally with french accents.

Partitions are in EXT4

> in SSH :

é became '$'\351

ô became '$'\364''

> in FTP :

in ISO

> I can see the files in ssh and in FTP

> I can't access in SSH but I can access in FTP

> I can't either see nor access to the folder !

I did nothing special... I think

When I change the name of the file / folder without accent, it reappears in the explorer.

I searched for UTF-8 and french accents with OMV on Google but can't find anything !

Thanks for your help

• Offizieller Beitrag

A temporary fix, until you find a real fix, might be to rename the folders to not use accented characters?

I am a little "old school". I never use accented characters or spaces in folder and file names. Only a-z, A-Z, _.- and 0-9. A bit silly, perhaps. But it saves me a lot of headache.

• NexoP

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Folder with accents suddenly unreachable in navigation or SSH but still in FTP“ zu „UTF-8 : Folder with accents suddenly invisible in navigation or SSH but still in FTP“ geändert.
  • Hello Adoby,

Indeed I did it, and when I change the characters, folders and files reappear in the explorer

But I tried to change ISO to UTF-8 unsuccesfully for all files / folders, because they are a lot :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!