Docker and omv-extras doesn't work.

• Greetings everyone !

Few days ago I've installed and configured OMV on my old laptop. It went smooth, nice and without absolutely any issues. I was so happy OMV user I decided to make it working allso as a cloud, so....

1) I watched full video about docker and all extras from Techno Dad Life - just from this link:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

2) After installing putty and loging as a root on my server machine, I've copied a link from omv-extras.org and it went smooth, installation finish without any issues.
    3) Here is where the problem occurs: after refreshing page, OMV-Extras did NOT appear in my menu. I tried to reboot machine but it didn't help.

4) I went back to omv-extras.org and I went to installation through GUI section. I've downloaded a 5th version package , uploaded by GUI, in Plugins section and openmediavault-omvextrasorg-5.4.2 appear on my plugins list. When I checked it and tried to install it I've recieved an information this plugin can not be installed because somethink went wrong.
    5) This is error message:

>>> *************** Error ***************

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-omvextrasorg 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have

requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable

distribution that some required packages have not yet been created

or been moved out of Incoming.

The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

openmediavault-omvextrasorg : Depends: dirmngr but it is not going to be installed

E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

<<< *************************************

>>> *************** Error ***************

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-omvextrasorg 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have

requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable

distribution that some required packages have not yet been created

or been moved out of Incoming.

The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

openmediavault-omvextrasorg : Depends: dirmngr but it is not going to be installed

E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

<<< *************************************

6) I didn't modify any files on server machine or anythink with GUI - everythink is just OEM, like installed with OS.

7) I allso doesn't see flashmemory update on the list...

8 ) Copying link with -wget from website and installing it again doesn't help :( Installed successfull again...

9) My OMV version: 5.5.13-1 (Ursul)

10) Plzz help :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

You probably just need to clear your browser cache or ctrl-shift-R but what is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep openm

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Doesn't help, I was login on my phone and still have nothink new in menu.

And the output of the command??

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-extras didn't install properly. I would run:

sudo apt-get -f install

sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/install | sudo bash

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have exactly the same problem.

Unfortunately the solution does not work.

That doesn't help me at all without output telling me why it doesn't work.

• Hello

here the output from the two commands (running as root).

_____

root@...:~# apt-get -f install

Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig

Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.

Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig

0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 1 nicht aktualisiert.

_____the output of the 2nd command is in the file attachment

command2.txt

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is a problem with your system and repos. What is the output of: cat /etc/apt/sources.list

• Unfortunately thoose 2 commands didn't help. Nothink changes BUT I found somethink interesting in installation, take a look at the screens. (They are in polish but I made some translations and I left some marks. Thoose screens are from complete installation"

Wymaga: means required
    Ale nie da sie go zainstalować: means but it was impossible to install

Nastepujace pakiety maja niespelnione zaleznosci: means Following packages has not fullfiled variables

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is nothing the script or plugin can do if you can't install dirmngr from the Debian repos. As I asked with the other user, what is the output of: cat /etc/apt/sources.list

• Hello

root@...:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list

#

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 10 _Buster_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20200921-17:33]/ buster contrib main non-free

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 10 _Buster_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20200921-17:33]/ buster contrib main non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free

deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free

# This system was installed using small removable media

# (e.g. netinst, live or single CD). The matching "deb cdrom"

# entries were disabled at the end of the installation process.

# For information about how to configure apt package sources,

# see the sources.list(5) manual.

openmediavault.list

deb https://packages.openmediavault.org/public usul main

openmediavault-kernel-backports.list

deb https://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main contrib non-free

openmediavault-local.list

deb [trusted=yes] file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives /

• Offizieller Beitrag

I only needed sources.list. Your sources.list only has the security repos. This is why you can't get any other packages. You must have installed OMV without a working network connection. Change /etc/apt/sources.list to be exactly what I have below:

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main contrib non-free

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free

• I have one more question because I am not quite sure of my own lack of knowledge of omv malfunction.

When I first time install omv os, during creating shared folders, I left priviges only read and write for admin, all users and guests was as no access. Then I grant some users prividges and I couldn't see/enter thoose folders anyway. I was strugling with it half of the night, at the end I wiped whole hdd and I've made a new clean install of Omv os; the same installation I'm using till now.

When I was creating new shared folders, I tried to set write/read option for admin AND for users. Guests stayed with no access. Then I configure access or limitations for specific users in shared folders menu and allso in users menu. Everythink worked well, without any issue... Till now:

I've started to installing omv-extras, duckdns and nextcloud. During installation of thoose extensions I was adding shared folders for files, separately for nextcloud, duckdns etc. All folders has been created with access and write /read options for admin AND users. No access for guests. Immediately I was allso configurating access options in users menu and shared folders menu.

This time when I've entered my omv shared folder location, on my windows machine, I was unable to see new folders. Even when I typed direct path to the location I was unable to open folder and I recieved error message about path doesn't exist or i have no access. I'm sure user id and pw I've used for login got all access granted.

While ssh->root i can see thoose folders exist with all content.

Does anybody know why does it happening? How can I fix it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Set the password for the user trying to access the shares (even if you use the same password).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!