Configuring borgbackup schedule

• Hello,

I have set up borgbackup repo and archive, but: how do I set backup schedule now?

Am I supposed to create jobs in Scheduled jobs with borgackup command line invocations? Or is there any UI for this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

how do I set backup schedule now?

When you create the archive, it creates a job that runs every hour. The archive parameters tell it how many hour, day, etc copies to keep. What are you trying to schedule? If you only want to run it at certain times, then you will have to do that manually. It is designed to run hourly.

m I supposed to create jobs in Scheduled jobs with borgackup command line invocations?

No.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello,

Oh, I get it now - it wasn't clear to me that just creating a job makes it run hourly.

I want to maintain a backup of 150+ GB body if images/videos, that are rarely edited/deleted over a span of few days, and from time to time new are added.

The backup is supposed to enable recovery in case some deletions or edits should be reverted.

Currently it is set to 0 hourly, 3 daily, 2 weekly, 3 monthly and 0 yearly backups.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I want to maintain a backup of 150+ GB body if images/videos, that are rarely edited/deleted over a span of few days, and from time to time new are added.

I use it for the exact case as well. Borg is very good with this situation because of checksums and dedupe. So, running every hour shouldn't be a problem

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Oh that's great!

Just one more thing that comes to my mind now - does borgbackup wake disks, provided there has been no update to source directory since the last check? I have them spin down after 30 mins of inactivity, and it does not make much sense if they are to be waken every hour.

• Offizieller Beitrag

does borgbackup wake disks, provided there has been no update to source directory since the last check?

Probably. I don't spin down my disks. But since it has to read files, that is hard to do without waking them.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!