Broken connection to shared directories

• Hello friends. I'm hoping an Obi-Wan among you can help me out of this hole I've fallen into :)

V 5.5.13-1 (Usul)

Applied all updates and had some failures… reverted changes. All seemed ok but now I see the shared directories (Data1 for example… as well as the others) are no longer accessible.

Poking around, I went to modify shared folder ACLs and was presented with the following error (and details). I think we’re on to something but sadly I’m not sure where to go from here. Can someone point me off in the right direction to get on the right road again?

**Update: If I add a NEW shared folder (within Data1) the new folder works with no issue... but the folders/directories that existed before my update woes are inaccessible. What's the best way to fix those links?**

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; setfacl --remove-all -M '/tmp/setfaclYYdfDQ' -- '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data1/Data1/' 2>&1' with exit code '1': setfacl: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data1/Data1/: No such file or directory

Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; setfacl --remove-all -M '/tmp/setfaclYYdfDQ' -- '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data1/Data1/' 2>&1' with exit code '1': setfacl: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data1/Data1/: No such file or directory in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:1055 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): Engined\Rpc\ShareMgmt->Engined\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusuU...', '/tmp/bgoutputV5...') #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(1062): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure), NULL, Object(Closure)) #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\ShareMgmt->setFileACL(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setFileACL', Array, Array) #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'setFileACL', Array, Array, 1) #6 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

Don't use ACLs unless you exactly know how and why.

You can try to use the resetperms plugin to reset permissions on the folders.

If that is not working, remove the shared folders from the services and the shared folders themselves (NOT the content, just the share) and recreate them-

• Thanks for that. Your assist is much appreciated. So...

Reset perms on the shared folders (clearing all acl’s) did not seem to resolve anything.

Removed shared folders from services then shared folders. 'Shared folders in use' now show a blank slate.

Applying the changes reports the following error has occured, and of course the shared folder names still advertise on the network (undoubtedly because the changes are unable to be applied). What might you suggest as the next step? As a reminder all this fun started after updates failed to be applied... then I reverted the updates.

Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color monit 2>&1' with exit code '1': Compound: Data failed to compile:

---------- Rendering SLS 'base:omv.deploy.monit.default' failed: Jinja error: tls: Invalid value '0', allowed values are 'none, ssl, starttls, auto'. Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/templates.py", line 498, in render_jinja_tmpl output = template.render(**decoded_context)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/asyncsupport.py", line 76, in render return original_render(self, *args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1008, in render return self.environment.handle_exception(exc_info, True)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 780, in handle_exception reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/_compat.py", line 37, in reraise raise value.with_traceback(tb)

File "<template>", line 37, in top-level template code

File "/var/cache/salt/minion/extmods/modules/omv_conf.py", line 39, in get objs = db.get(id_, identifier)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 85, in get query.execute()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 724, in execute self._response = self._elements_to_object(elements)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 485, in _elements_to_object result.validate()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/object.py", line 235, in validate self.model.validate(self.get_dict())

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/datamodel.py", line 200, in validate self.schema.validate(data)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 170, in validate self._validate_type(value, schema, name)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 224, in _validate_type raise last_exception

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 195, in _validate_type self._validate_object(value, schema, name)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 300, in _validate_object self._check_properties(value, schema, name)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 508, in _check_properties self._validate_type(value[propk], propv, path)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 224, in _validate_type raise last_exception

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 204, in _validate_type self._validate_string(value, schema, name)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 279, in _validate_string self._check_enum(value, schema, name)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 468, in _check_enum % (valuev, ", ".join(schema['enum'])), openmediavault.json.schema.SchemaValidationException: tls: Invalid value '0', allowed values are 'none, ssl, starttls, auto'. ; line 37 --- [...] # http://www.debianadmin.com/mon…-servers-using-monit.html # http://www.uibk.ac.at/zid/systeme/linux/monit.html # http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Monit # http://viktorpetersson.com/201…-and-postgresql-on-ubuntu {% set email_config = salt['omv_conf.get']('conf.system.notification.email') %} <====================== configure_default_monit: file.managed: - name: "/etc/default/monit" - contents: [...]

--- in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182 Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/serviceabstract.inc(62): OMV\System\Process->execute()

#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(167): OMV\Engine\Module\ServiceAbstract->deploy()

#2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChanges(Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)

#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatuscw...', '/tmp/bgoutputxB...')

#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))

#7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(189): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)

#8 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)

#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)

#11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #12 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

Jinja error: tls: Invalid value '0', allowed values are 'none, ssl, starttls, auto'. T

Thought this bug is fixed.

Add some data in the notification settings (even if you don't use it). It is missing a value in the "Encrption Mode" field.

• Hey there thanks. I set it to "none"... it was indeed an invalid entry. Now that I apply changes I get a different error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color quota 2>&1' with exit code '1': Compound: Data failed to compile: ---------- Rendering SLS 'base:omv.deploy.quota.default' failed: while constructing a mapping in "<unicode string>", line 42, column 1 found conflicting ID 'quota_off_no_quotas_' in "<unicode string>", line 69, column 1

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color quota 2>&1' with exit code '1': Compound: Data failed to compile:
    ---------- Rendering SLS 'base:omv.deploy.quota.default' failed: while constructing a mapping in "<unicode string>", line 42, column 1
    found conflicting ID 'quota_off_no_quotas_' in "<unicode string>", line 69, column 1 in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182

**Comment: Clicked 'reset' for quota on each volume in the hopes something was off but that didn't help (maybe it's not in reference to a disk quota). They're all 0**

Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/serviceabstract.inc(62): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(167): OMV\Engine\Module\ServiceAbstract->deploy()
    #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatush7...', '/tmp/bgoutputNU...')
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(189): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #8 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #12 {main}

• OK omv-update did not seem to change anything.

The quotaoff -v /srv/* command reported back that five differernt mountpoints or devices were not found or have no quota enabled.

Still when trying to apply changes, I receive the error. Uggh :)

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color quota 2>&1' with exit code '1': Compound: Data failed to compile: ---------- Rendering SLS 'base:omv.deploy.quota.default' failed: while constructing a mapping in "<unicode string>", line 42, column 1 found conflicting ID 'quota_off_no_quotas_' in "<unicode string>", line 69, column 1

• Fingers crossed someone has the key to resolving this issue. Thank you for your time and suggestions to this point.

Worse case (I'm not there yet) a reinstall I suppose :(

I assume it is not a big deal to reintsall OMV and connect to the two existing drives and data again....

• scottjcpp

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • I had exactly this issue.

Couldn't even run the updater in the omv web interface without an error.

In my case i fixed it by removing all the smb integrations, all the references in the omv interface (virus scan, shared folders, SMART schedules etc etc), unmounted the file systems and finally the drives themselves.

Then i restarted the system with the media drives unplugged, and was able to run the updater.

I also removed any reference to media disks in the omv interface so there is just the system disks.

Then i shut down and plugged the drives back in, and remounted all the filesystems and restored all the integrations.

This fixed the issue.

I suspect it was caused by omv having stale entries in its database, so its expecting drives to exist in /srv/ that are no longer there.

Doing this was less work than re-installing and rebuilding from scratch, so its worth a try imo.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!