Nextcloud WebGUI, run it as php7.3-fpm-nextcloud-webgui ?

• Hello all,

I want to install Nextcloud next to OMV5 on a Rockpro64, not in a Docker

The Howto's I read and want to use:

https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/ubuntu-nginx-nextcloud/

https://www.wizzycom.net/nextcloud-on-omv-5/

Nextcloud needs php7.3-fpm, for example

Code
    systemctl enable php7.3-fpm

Is it possible to use 'php7.3-fpm-nextcloud-webgui' instead of 'php7.3-fpm' => '/run/php/php7.3-fpm-nextcloud-webgui.sock' to make it more human readable with future updates?

Just like WebGUI Openmediavault runs?

If yes, how?

Is it also possible to run php7.3-fpm without the versionnumber as it is easier with upgrades in future?

• The first link deals with a Nextcloud install on Ubuntu. OMV is Debian based so that link probably won’t do you much good. The second link’s article certainly starts from a OMV base but good lord, why go THAT route?

The default method on this forum appears to be found with this How To. Docker-compose is a lot like learning to ride a bicycle as a kid: scary at first, but when you get the hang of it you’ll wonder why you waited so long. There is a lot of help on this forum with docker-compose. Probably none with the path you want to go down.

Simple and sure backup and restore: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    OMV 5 (current) - Hardware: Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, & Heimdall - NanoPi M4 (v.1), backup - Odroid XU4, Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2. Mac user trying to convert to Linux on a HP dx2400, Debian 10 XFCE.

• The Rockpro64 and other SBC's doesn't have much memory etc

I understand that Docker eats memory just as each Docker application as a virtual server?

Installation directly leads to less use of memory and power consumation?

• understand that Docker eats memory just as each Docker application as a virtual server?

That is not correct. The docker applications take only the resources they need. Not like a VM, where you need to pre define the resources.

memory and power consumption might be a little higher ( not sure really), but sbc’s like rockpro64 or rpi4 can handle it. I run Nextcloud on a odroid hc2 which has only 2gb RAM

• If you really want it installed rather than via docker (and I can't imagine why you would)... why not just install Nextcloud via snap? There's plenty of Debian tutorials out there for this.

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!