Nextcloud WebGUI, run it as php7.3-fpm-nextcloud-webgui ?

• Hello all,

I want to install Nextcloud next to OMV5 on a Rockpro64, not in a Docker

The Howto's I read and want to use:

https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/ubuntu-nginx-nextcloud/

https://www.wizzycom.net/nextcloud-on-omv-5/

Nextcloud needs php7.3-fpm, for example

Code
    systemctl enable php7.3-fpm

Is it possible to use 'php7.3-fpm-nextcloud-webgui' instead of 'php7.3-fpm' => '/run/php/php7.3-fpm-nextcloud-webgui.sock' to make it more human readable with future updates?

Just like WebGUI Openmediavault runs?

If yes, how?

Is it also possible to run php7.3-fpm without the versionnumber as it is easier with upgrades in future?

• The first link deals with a Nextcloud install on Ubuntu. OMV is Debian based so that link probably won’t do you much good. The second link’s article certainly starts from a OMV base but good lord, why go THAT route?

The default method on this forum appears to be found with this How To. Docker-compose is a lot like learning to ride a bicycle as a kid: scary at first, but when you get the hang of it you’ll wonder why you waited so long. There is a lot of help on this forum with docker-compose. Probably none with the path you want to go down.

Simple and sure backup and restore: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    OMV Version: Ver. 5 (current) - Hardware: NanoPi M4, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Booksonic, Calibre, & Heimdall - Acer Aspire T180, backup - Odroid XU4, Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2, and HP dx2400, Debian 10 XFCE.

• The Rockpro64 and other SBC's doesn't have much memory etc

I understand that Docker eats memory just as each Docker application as a virtual server?

Installation directly leads to less use of memory and power consumation?

• understand that Docker eats memory just as each Docker application as a virtual server?

That is not correct. The docker applications take only the resources they need. Not like a VM, where you need to pre define the resources.

memory and power consumption might be a little higher ( not sure really), but sbc’s like rockpro64 or rpi4 can handle it. I run Nextcloud on a odroid hc2 which has only 2gb RAM

• If you really want it installed rather than via docker (and I can't imagine why you would)... why not just install Nextcloud via snap? There's plenty of Debian tutorials out there for this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!