Howto install SABnzbd-docker with portainer

• Hi!
    My name is moddy and since 2 days i am new to OMV!

I always wanted to give it a try but there were always 1 or 2 plugins/apps missing, so i decided to use dietpi instead.

Now - after a few issues with dietpi - i read about the possibility to add those "1 or 2 apps" by using docker-images, and so i switched to an armbian-ovm5-docker-system for my odroid N2.

I really like it and i think i will learn a lot more about networks than with all the distros before. I do not have to learn all the the console-commands and concentrate on theory and principles. I like that!

Back to the topic:

I also had to learn about docker.
    Portainer is very nice, but it is so hard when you almost know nothing about docker and omv.

I was so lucky when i found this HowTo:
    https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/issues/1599

So i got SABnzbd working.

EDIT:
    Half a year later i found out that docker-compose seems to me the most easy and clearest way to use portainer.
    It works with every docker.
    1. Look for a docker-image on https://hub.docker.com/
    2. Got o "Add Stack" in portainer and copy and paste the part under "docker-compose" (you have to scroll down)

In sabnzbd case it is:

3. Edit User, Group, Timetone and the pathes and press the "Deploy"-Buttton
    That's it

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von moddy () aus folgendem Grund: better solution

• moddy

Hat den Titel des Themas von „SABnzbd-docker installation almost successful: only nzbdonkey does not connect (API-problem?)“ zu „Howto install SABnzbd-docker with portainer“ geändert.
  • votdev

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • moddy

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • moddy

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!