Fibre Channel Compatibility

• I have a couple of HP DL360 Gen10's that currently have HPE SN1100E FC cards installed and just wanted to know if they were compatible with Open Media Vault.

Thanks in advance

• fiber channel is compatible with Debian. If you formatted the LUN from the command line, I am pretty sure they would show up in the Filesystems tab in the OMV web interface. What is the device name for the LUN(s) presented to your system?

omv 5.6.9 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.5
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It's just an HPE DL360 Gen10 Product ID 867959-B21 with a HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Gen10 controller with about 20TB (pre RAID) of SSD

• Yep, that is what I meant. Do you know what fiber channel is used for or just asking if the cards are compatible?

omv 5.6.9 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.5

• just wanted to know if those cards were compatible. I would expect to have to install the drivers, but are they likely to work?

• No, you are using Linux not Windows :) Emulex stuff is very supported under Linux and the drivers should be in the Linux kernel.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!