Can't mount disk since OMV 5 update (unable to read filesystem)

• Hi,

I recently updated OMV to 5.5.1.14-1 on my nanopi neo2 (Armbian 20.08.17 Buster).

Since, my storage disk cannot be mounted :

Syslog is full of these errors :

Code
    Nov  1 06:07:35 localhost monit[2624]: 'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Stockage' status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Stockage is not a mountpoint
    Nov  1 06:08:05 localhost monit[2624]: Filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Stockage' not mounted
    Nov  1 06:08:05 localhost monit[2624]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Stockage' unable to read filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Stockage' state
    Nov  1 06:08:05 localhost monit[2624]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Stockage' trying to restart

fstab :

Code
    UUID=60d4240f-d03b-49e1-ac63-c2c1679bd4a4 / ext4 defaults,noatime,nodiratime,commit=600,errors=remount-ro 0 1
    tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,nosuid 0 0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/Stockage             /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Stockage ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl                                            0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

I've tried to manually create the symlink from /dev/sda1 to /dev/disk/by-label/Stockage but it didn't work.

Do you have any ideas on how to solve this ?

It looks like openmediavault cannot link the disk to it's label.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is surely this commit, but it fixes a UDEV rule that was previously incorrect. Now, fixed, it is applied and processed by UDEV. This causes to change devices files for JMicron USB devices. OMV has stored the old, now not existing and invalid device files, in the database. Unmounting the old filesystem to remove it from the database and mounting it again should fix it. The changes in the mentioned PR were approved by other users.

Nevertheless i do not see a relation between the changes in the UDEV rule because these only apply to the storage device. What you are talking about is the filesystem device file, which should not be touched by these changes.

• I followed the directions on the Open Media Vault home page and had no success since my USB hard drive cannot be mounted so removing the shared files on OMV did not make a difference. I'm guessing I'll lose all my data as this will probably not be fixed without a wipe of my drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!