Messed up config after apache2 install - now can't use port :80

• Hello,

I think I've messed up my config: I want to host a litte webpage, so installed apache2, but apparently thats not the appropriate way to go, because apache2 "wins over" nginx, and as a result I've lost access temporarily to the Webgui. But thats another problem.

My problem now is after apache2 uninstall... nginx uninstall... nginx reinstall, I am not able to access OMV web gui in port 80.

So I have switched manually the web control panel (option 2 in omv-firstaid ) to port 8080 and now, if I change it back to port : 80, I loose access to omg gui, but also nginx refuses to start.

Somebody can help me to find out if I've broken my system?

After changing to port 80 in omv-firstaid :

So I stop Plex, in case its screwing things up, but:

Code
    # service plexmediaserver stop
    root@helios64:~# lsof -i :80
    root@helios64:~# service nginx start
    Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    See "systemctl status nginx.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

And journalctl -xe shows several errors with : Nov 01 20:10:31 helios64 nginx[23714]: nginx: [emerg] bind() to [::]:80 failed (98: Address already in use), as well as:

If I change it back to, say, port 81, OMV Webgui appears in the browser.

Thank you

EDIT: After a while trying to restart the service, with OMV in port 8080, now my default webpage, in port 80 shows a 403 error.

Maybe I have some permissions problem?

Code
    $ ls -l /var/www/
    total 16
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root                  root                  4096 oct 31 21:11 html
    drwxr-xr-x 4 root                  root                  4096 nov  1 12:22 my_web
    drwxr-xr-x 8 openmediavault-webgui openmediavault-webgui 4096 nov  1 13:50 openmediavault
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root                  root                  4096 nov  1 12:32 webalizer
  • eClapton

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • RESOLVED:

So, seems it's always worth reading the manuals: my problem was that I had misconfigured the files in

/etc/nginx/sites-enabled

And there were two of them already listening to port 80 this way:

Code
    cat 999-acme.vhost 
    server {
            listen 80;
                    listen [::]:80;

server_name helios64.example.com;
    [...]

and

Code
    cat Mi_casa 
    server {
            listen 80;
            listen [::]:80;

root /var/www/Mi_casa/;
    [...]

and the same for openmediavault-webgui, and so none of them was showing.

Another advice for omv-firstaid that I hope help others is : unless omv.firstaid answers with the new ip:port address, it has not changed the port. In my case, it just finishes without messages, and that led me to think incorrectly that it was ok

• To avoid such issues in the future, it is suggested to run additional services in docker. Easy to change ports and no conflicts with dependencies.

Yes, from what I’ve read, I suppose Docker is easier for beginners, but I’m already not truly comfortable already with OMV and all those “WARNINGS” and junk in /etc/fstab, /etc/hosts and so on, to go also down that docker road.

Thinking about webmin and others, which web tool do you use or recommend?

• Offizieller Beitrag

already not truly comfortable already with OMV and all those “WARNINGS” and junk in /etc/fstab, /etc/hosts and so on

The warnings just mean OMV controls the config file (or section of the file). If you use docker, you have your own little world that won't corrupt the host.

Thinking about webmin and others, which web tool do you use or recommend?

webmin and OMV serve different purposes. OMV is a NAS. webmin is for many purposes. If you just want a web server, webmin is overkill. I don't know of any other web tool but I would just use the command line.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!