Teamviewerhost not working -> connection can not be established

• Hello,

I have installed the Teamviewer host on my OMV NAS. The plugin is working and the service is running.

When I use a Teamviewer client, the OMV NAS is presented as online. But when im connecting, it ended always in a timeout.

here are some detailed infos:

teamviewer info

TeamViewer 15.11.6 (DEB)

TeamViewer ID: 4160xxxxx

teamviewerd status ● teamviewerd.service - TeamViewer remote control daemon

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/teamviewerd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: active (running) since Sun 2020-11-01 20:44:26 CET; 20h ago

Process: 1460 ExecStart=/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/teamviewerd -d (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 1708 (teamviewerd)

Tasks: 17 (limit: 4915)

Memory: 43.2M

CPU: 3min 1.613s

CGroup: /system.slice/teamviewerd.service

└─1708 /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/teamviewerd -d

Nov 01 20:44:23 OMV systemd[1]: Starting TeamViewer remote control daemon...

Nov 01 20:44:26 OMV systemd[1]: teamviewerd.service: PID file /var/run/teamviewerd.pid not readable (yet?) after start: No such file or directory

Nov 01 20:44:26 OMV systemd[1]: Started TeamViewer remote control daemon.

Can you help me , please?

Thanks, Werner.

• Hey Werner,

last week I started to test TeamViewer Host 15.11.6 too. I used two xubuntu clients. I had similar trouble. So in the online management console the host was marked as online but it was not reachable. It seems to me that if I log off at the TeamViewer Host System it is not reachable. If I kept logged in to the TeamViewer Host System it was reachable.

• So try to keep logged in to the host system and then connect to it.
    • Check if both systems have the same TeamViewer Version (in your case 15.11.6), This seems to be important too.

For me it is still not stable enough to use. Some times the connection refused and it is not reachable again. After waiting several days I tried it again and it is reachable again. This is to much magic for me.

In some other forum some one with more experience in using TeamViewer was complaining that the software is getting worse since maybe the last year.

So I will try anydesk or i wil try to build up a vpn.

Cheers

OMV4711

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!