ROCK 64 + OMV

• Good morning.

I've got a Rock 64 and like to put OMV onto on SD card (no EMC).

I did install it 2 years ago, works well but starts to bug.

I tried to instal new build.

I do not succeed.

I'm looking for a complet pack to instal via "balenaEtcher" but none works

"bionic-containers-rockpro64-0.9.14-1159-arm64.img.xz"

"jessie-openmediavault-rock64-0.5.15-136-armhf_sd2emmc.img.xz"

"stretch-openmediavault-rockpro64-0.8.3-1141-arm64.img.xz"

Can you help ?

Tutos i find says to download debian 10 and then do complex line codes to have the OMV 5. Long to copy past manually.

Is there no alternative with a Linux + OMV pack with recent OMV inside ready to boot ?

Tk's

ROCK 64 1 Go + Armbian_20.02.1_Rock64_buster_legacy_4.4.213, OMV 5 + Transmission + Double commander + Official POWER SUPPLY 3A/5V + Official ACRYLIC OPEN ENCLOSURE.
    18qm.jpg

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there no alternative with a Linux + OMV pack with recent OMV inside ready to boot ?

nope

Use Armbian Buster from here:

https://www.armbian.com/rock64/

Then install OMV following this guide

Installing OMV5 on Raspberry PI's, Armbian SBC's, & i386 32-bit platforms

It is quite easy using copy+paste

• Tk's very much for your help. I'll explain details for people like me that may help.

When i go on "https://www.armbian.com/rock64/", the link for the "Armbian Buster" was not working.So i go for archive below, "Archived versions" qnd took several before finding the right working properly :

It works with "Armbian_20.02.1_Rock64_buster_legacy_4.4.213.7z" qnd so the "Armbian_20.02.1_Rock64_buster_legacy_4.4.213.img" file.

Then i use your link to follow the "Adden-A-Installing_OMV5_on_Armbian.pdf" file.

I'm actually upgrading after password change and new user creation.

I'll tell you later if all was ok.

ROCK 64 1 Go + Armbian_20.02.1_Rock64_buster_legacy_4.4.213, OMV 5 + Transmission + Double commander + Official POWER SUPPLY 3A/5V + Official ACRYLIC OPEN ENCLOSURE.
    18qm.jpg

• I follow the steps, but when i've finished the OMV installation and reboot. Nothing is available at the IP adress except the PuTTY (64-bit) login message.

Reference document said "First Time GUI Logon After 3 to 5 minutes, OMV can be logged in using the same IP address that was used for the SSH client, entered in a web browser address bar. The web GUI user is admin and the default password is openmediavault"

Transmission seems working because ask for creditals, but no omv

My IP for the Rock64 is 192.168.10.16. so i put 192.168.10.16 in the adresse bar and connexion fails.

18qm.jpg

• Sorry it works. I forget to clear browser cache. Tk's very much !!! You save me.

It is difficult to find the way to instal OMV on this board and that works.

I tried several but will save this one.

Have a good day my friend.

18qm.jpg

• It works but i do not have nor TRANSMISSION nor BIT TORRENT client into OMV ??? isn't supposed to be a better version ?

I tried to add Transmission via https://dbtechreviews.com/2020…sion-on-openmediavault-5/ but it bugs, i change the values as indicated but error message.

in the web editor i put :

"---

version: "2"

services:

transmission:

image: linuxserver/transmission

container_name: transmission

environment:

- PUID=996

- PGID=100

- TZ=Europe/London

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-ST350063_0AS_9QG8LL5L-0-0/All/Transmission:/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-ST350063_0AS_9QG8LL5L-0-0/All:/downloads

- /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-ST350063_0AS_9QG8LL5L-0-0/All/Watch:/watch

ports:

- 9091:9091

- 51413:51413

- 51413:51413/udp

restart: unless-stopped"

Do you have a method to add transmission and bittorrent client ? Tk's.

18qm.jpg

• Offizieller Beitrag

- PUID=996

Try using a user created in the GUI of OMV.

Should have PUID 1000, 1001, 1002 .... and PGID 100

Then check the log file of the container. In Portainer there is an icon next to the container name to see the logs.

• I have installed transmission previously i mean sorry for misunderstood; transmission IN Omv. Before it was (settings) in Omv. I can't see plug in or extra transmission now.

So i use TransmissionHowTo to set. Not really as user friendly as Omv did.

18qm.jpg

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have installed transmission previously i mean sorry for misunderstood; transmission IN Omv. Before it was (settings) in Omv. I can't see plug in or extra transmission now.

So i use TransmissionHowTo to set. Not really as user friendly as Omv did.

Plugin is no longer supported on omv 5. Use docker and any of the torrent containers available

• Tk's. I use Transmission now and change parameters using the Web interface or/and

Code
    sudo nano /var/lib/transmission-daemon/info/settings.json

Now i want to see shared folders. My workgroup on windows 10 is CCNET and in OMV too (using sudo nano /etc/samba/smb.conf to change). But i can't see CCNET shared drives. Ideas ?

WIN 10 : can't see CCNET.

PUTTY:

WIN 10

up6f.png

18qm.jpg

• Offizieller Beitrag

Probably you can also use armbian-config to install OMV.

This may work but it's not recommended. There's no way to know what Armbian may decide to link to their menu.
    ryecoaaron's script is a known install that presets parameters for use with SBC's. He tweaks the script, from time to time, for better results.

**Edit I forgot to mention that Armbian uses network manager which destroyed networking in Docker. As of the last that I was aware, the script removes network manager in favor of if-up down.**

Now i want to see shared folders. My workgroup on windows 10 is CCNET and in OMV too (using sudo nano /etc/samba/smb.conf to change). But i can't see CCNET shared drives. Ideas ?

That doesn't work. The first on-demand change may revert the setting.
    Set SMB and other parameters in the OMV GUI. Look under Services, SMB, in the Settings TAB, set your workgroup there and save it. Create your SMB shares in the Shares tab, enable and save them.
    As a general rule, until you get started, try to work in the GUI. (When your install is working correctly, clone your SD-card.)

If the above doesn't work, compare your client and server settings with this -> Connect to Win10

• Offizieller Beitrag

This may work but it's not recommended. There's no way to know what Armbian may decide to link to their menu.
    ryecoaaron's script is a known install that presets parameters for use with SBC's. He tweaks the script, from time to time, for better results.

It is the same thing

https://github.com/armbian/con…ster/debian-software#L567

• Offizieller Beitrag

True. The only difference is it logs output to a file. This is fine as long as you can connect to the machine. Otherwise, I like to have the output on the screen. They might be changing the armbian side to display output.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is the same thing

For now the menu seems to ref the scrip, but for how long? Also to be considered; are they tweaking something after the script runs, that wouldn't be taken into account when attempting to support OMV? This could change at anytime, without notice.

Granted, those considerations may seem to be a bit on the paranoid side, but we both know some of the admin's over there have strong feelings and ideas, and are known to put them into code.

• Offizieller Beitrag

For now the menu seems to ref the scrip, but for how long? Also to be considered; are they tweaking something after the script runs, that wouldn't be taken into account when attempting to support OMV? This could change at anytime, without notice.

Granted, those considerations may seem to be a bit on the paranoid side, but we both know some of the admin's over there have strong feelings and ideas, and are known to put them into code.

It shouldn't change. I work with the Armbian people on that. They do tweak things but it is at the hardware level and I can't really maintain that better than they can.

we both know some of the admin's over there have strong feelings and ideas, and are known to put them into code.

They won't if they want OMV to continue to install well. I chat with a couple of them on a regular basis. So, I wouldn't worry about it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

admin's over there have strong feelings and ideas, and are known to put them into code.

They won't if they want OMV to continue to install well. I chat with a couple of them on a regular basis. So, I wouldn't worry about it.

That's good to know. (I was thinking back to a motd, that contained an unsolicited opinion and an external link.)

• I succeed tk's to all. It works. i reinstall 2 times and the last was ok. I make a backup to avoid all preliminary installation.

18qm.jpg

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!