Second partition in /dev/sda not selectable for share

• Hi,

For various reasons, II have to run system and data on one SSD disk:

Main reason: It's a remote server that has only space for one disk

Also: Even the smallest disk you buy these day ist much too big for a system only disk so I think there should be a way for doing what I suggest.

Therefor, I already successfully shrank the first (system) partition /dev/sda1 to a reasonable size and added a second partition: /dev/sda3.

Now the only thing I need is that shares cand also be placed on this partition but it is not shown in the dropdown.

The partition works fine on the system lelevl and does show up correctly in "filesystems". I don't want to manipulate things that OMV manages, thatÄs why i have to ask here.

Thank you!

Andreas

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you mount /dev/sda3 from the Filesystems tab?

By the way, you didn't need to create a new partition. The sharerootfs plugin allows you to use folders on the root OS partition.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• > Did you mount /dev/sda3 from the Filesystems tab?

Yes!

> The sharerootfs plugin allows you to use folders on the root OS partition.

Ah OK thanks - but I wanted rather the space of sda1 protected from sda3 overflowing...

Can I achieve what I'd like to do somehow?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can I achieve what I'd like to do somehow?

Yep, If you mounted /dev/sda3 from the web interface, it should be available for shared folders. Can you post a screenshot of your filesystems tab?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ah thanks!

That's weird - At first, the /dev/sda3 had not been selectable. Then I unmounted /dev/sda3 in the filesystem section, remounted it and now I get to select it!

Strange but many thanks!

Andreas

• ande

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • ande

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!