Here is my hardware:
- Xeon E3 1240v5
- 32 GB (2 DIMM) Crucial ECC RAM
- 6x8TB Seagate Iron Wolf HDD
- m.2 system drive
I am CURRENTLY RUNNING WINDOWS 10 ON THIS MACHINE with about 13TB of data used in my BIOS RAID6 array. I chose Windows 10 at first because I needed to run HD Home Run. Now, that's no longer relevant and I'm free!
Use cases are:
- Media server for Windows, Kodi, and Mac, and iOS devices
- Home server for files and such
- Torrent seeding and download
- ROM server for HyperSpin/emulation
- Potentially as server for my D&D game? Maybe not...
Note that I have to figure out some way to incorporate all the data I currently have on my Windows drives in the machine, so please take that into account!
Is OMV right for me? Will it be able to accept my Windows HDD data?