OMV GUI Login Error: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

• I have been struggling with this for hours, but still cannot resolve the following error when I login to OMV 5 GUI. Steps:

1. Go to server IP using default port 80

2. Systems displays login page.

4. Enter admin/password.

5. There is some delay then it throws the following error:

Code
    Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory
    Error #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141Stack trace:#0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)#5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#6 {main}

I checked this board, and in the other case I found it said to check for unsupported plugins, which I did:

Code
    dpkg -l | grep openm 

with these results:

Code
    ii  openmediavault                      5.5.16-1                            all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory          5.0.7                               all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ic  openmediavault-keyring              1.0                                 all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg         5.4.2                               all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ic  openmediavault-usbbackup            5.0.6-1                             all          openmediavault USB/eSATA backup plugin
    ic  openmediavault-wol                  3.4.2                               all          OpenMediaVault WOL plugin

Note my configuration on Raspberry Pi 3:

Code
    Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.46 experimental Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) 5.4.72-v7+ 
    System load:   0.00 0.00 0.00      Up time:       4:19 hours 
    Memory usage:  10 % of 974MB      IP:            192.168.0.19
    CPU temp:      55°C  
    Usage of /:    34% of 7.2G       storage/:      6% of 1.8T 

I also tried:

Code
    omv-aptclean

which threw a few errors at the end.

Code
    E: Failed to fetch file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Packages.gz  Method gave a blank filename
    E: Failed to fetch file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Contents-all.gz  File not found - /var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Contents-all.gz (2: No such file or directory)
    [tt]E: Failed to fetch file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Contents-armhf.gz  File not found - /var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Contents-armhf.gz (2: No such file or directory)
    E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Also rebooted after with errors:

Also you should know that when I use:

Code
    omv-firstaid

I get a bunch of error messages saying the various .rrd files have timestamps in the future. Each time I run it, answering Yes to delete the files, it says it is deleting them (50 files each time), I can do this indefinitely, even between reboots. That doesn't make sense to me.

"date" returns correct date, time and timezone and I am using a timeserver.

Any ideas? What should I try next?

• Offizieller Beitrag

ic openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

Try

Code
    wget -O "/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/openmediavault-archive-keyring.asc" https://packages.openmediavault.org/public/archive.key
    apt-key add "/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/openmediavault-archive-keyring.asc"
    apt-get update
  • Thanks for the recommendation. After running the commands and a reboot, I am still getting the same exact errors logging into the GUI. Could this be a permissions issue? Also note that there were errors. Here is the terminal output of all three of the above commands with errors highlighted:

Here is the dpkg list:

Code
    root@MediaServerPi1:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii  openmediavault                      5.5.16-1                            all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory          5.0.7                               all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ic  openmediavault-keyring              1.0                                 all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg         5.4.2                               all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ic  openmediavault-usbbackup            5.0.6-1                             all          openmediavault USB/eSATA backup plugin
    ic  openmediavault-wol                  3.4.2                               all          OpenMediaVault WOL plugin
    root@MediaServerPi1:~# 

It looks like the keyring version didn't change.

Any other thoughts on how to resolve?

• Hi, Ran suggested commands and got some errors:

apt clean:

Code
    E: Failed to fetch file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Packages.gz  Method gave a blank filename
    E: Failed to fetch file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Contents-armhf.gz  File not found - /var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Contents-armhf.gz (2: No such file or directory)
    E: Failed to fetch file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Contents-all.gz  File not found - /var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Contents-all.gz (2: No such file or directory)
    E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    ERROR: Command 'omv-aptclean' returned non-zero exit status 100.

apt-get update produced similar errors:

Code
    E: Failed to fetch file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Contents-armhf.gz  File not found - /var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Contents-armhf.gz (2: No such file or directory)

Are these critical errors?

Thanks for your help with this!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I really dislike these trainwreck rpi installs... Did you install with the install script or update from 4.x??

sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-local.list

sudo omv-aptclean

wget http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/pool/main/o/openmediavault-keyring/openmediavault-keyring_1.0_all.deb

sudo dpkg -i openmediavault-keyring_1.0_all.deb

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install openmediavault-usbbackup openmediavault-wol

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I updated from OMV 4, and I am truly sorry for the trouble.

I executed all the commands. Rebooted and cleared my browser cache. None of the commands threw errors, but the problem remains. Note that the I am able to access shared directories and media files using VMC, so it seems the underlying services are running, just can't use the web interface. I tried changing the port in omv-firstaid and it threw an error as well.

ERROR: Failed to connect /var/lib/openmediavault/engined.sock: [Errno 2] No such file or directory.

GUI Login throws the same error as before:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Results for

dpkg -l | grep openm

Code
    ii  openmediavault-keyring              1.0                                 all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

Should the keyring version be 1.0?

• I finally got it working. The problem was that openmediavault-engined was somehow masked and was not starting. I have no idea how this happened.

First I unmasked the file:

Systemctl umask openmediavault-engined

Bash
    Systemctl unmask openmediavault-engined
    Systemctl start openmediavault-engined

I was then able to login, even after a reboot, but things were missing from the GUI.

So I ran

Bash
    omv-aptclean

Rebooted, cleared cache, and we are up and running.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von macom () aus folgendem Grund: corrected type umaks --> unmask

• This works for me, I've been plagued by this problem for two weeks now, thank you so much!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!