Zoneminder on Docker

• Using dlandon/zoneminder docker, I run into a DNS issue. Starting this docker gives me this log:

The container uses the bridged network without any modification. I sticked to the standard configuration recommended by the author.

Any suggestions how to resolve the DNS errors?

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von riff-raff ()

• You have an issue with the group id "955" and need to change it. Watch some TechnoDadLife YouTube videos on installing docker containers on OMV. PUID and PGID parameters need to be adapted for most docker containers. He explains it very well.

Not sure you have other issues, too, but I'd fix that one first...

• 995 is group docker and works fine for more than 20 other containers. I only have this issue with zoneminder.

Terry Pratchett

• Hmh, there still is a failure message for this in your log-file. Something's not right. I guess it's permissions.

Do all your application data folders really sit under /mnt, i.e. /mnt/zoneminder here, for all your docker containers? No need to adapt those paths from dlandon's example configuration?

• Hello,

I've got the same problem from weeks, with no help from dlandon who is not on OMV. I've written issue on his github.

and my log ( no problem with pgid) :

I don't know how to investigate ...

thanks for your help too.

Fabrice

• Code
    /mnt/Zoneminder

is owned by docker:docker

I checked with group 100 (users), no issue regarding group any more, but still unreachable ppa's.

Checking those manually shows availability, so there might be some name resolving issue. I tried setting up a different bridged network as well; specified my router and google as DNS, still the same thing.

Terry Pratchett

• Hello,

It seems that there're a lot of network problems in several docker containers images with no access to DNS.

I saw a solution which seems to works in this thread. I've tried succesfully on my zoneminder container :

going into the container (console) and running chmod 0644 /etc/resolv.conf?

It was difficult but I had time to do the command in the portainer console before the "Killing all processes".

Maybe you can try ...

Is there a solution to applicate it more easily (in particular when the container stop quickly before entering in the console) ?

but it's only the first problem and there's the second with mysql (line 83 of your log) and I can't really investigate because of the processes killing. Is it possible to desactivate it and how ? I would like to test if Mariadb is really running.

Fabrice

• Check on using an external database until this issue is fixed. Exporting and importing the database should be a piece of cake.

DB-configuration is done in

zm.default within the conf-folder. Create a backup of this configuration in advance. Files will be created after first unsuccessful run.

Edit: A new version was published today, still same issue.

According to this post, which has a similar issue, a new setup should do it. I'll try to use a custom user script do solve the DNS-issue at the first start of this container.

Terry Pratchett

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von riff-raff ()

• Hello,

things are progressing

I've identified 2 problems :

• One with the name resolving on the beginning.
      One with the mysql connection at the end.

Thanks to the last change of Dan Landon image which permit me to stop the container before the killing (NO_START_ZM mode), I could debug and with some Internet research I found that I have to do this command to solve the first problem :

Code: Select all

Code
    chmod 0644 /etc/resolv.conf

the apt install is OK after.

for the second one which is a permission problem again I need to do :

Code: Select all

Code
    chmod 0777 /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

after that zoneminder start succesfully.

I would like to know the reason of these problems because Dan don't want to modify his image for now and I can't restart my container without redo all of this.

Is there someone who have an idea of this problem source ?

thanks in advance.

Fabrice

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!