(SOLVED) Should I uninstall OMV and install everything again? the longer hostname problem can't be solved.

• Hello friends,

I checked several post regarding the problem caused by a long host name (more than 15 characters), and haven't found a clearly solved thread with such an issue.
    Following a kind advise from one of the mentors here, I was able to change the previous host name to a shorter one with only seven characters and it changed on the dashboard and other sections of OMV, also it changed on the Raspberry and works fine but the problem on OMV continues every time the I want to enable SMB/CIFS>> WORKGROUP. the message is an error due to a long host name that is still showing up on Network>>General.

I tried multiple times and can not solve it. So probably practical and faster to uninstall and do everything again. I'm a newbie and don't want to mes it all.

What problem could I face if uninstall and re install every thing and try to clean up the raspberry pi 4, hard drive, etc.? what would happen with portainer?

What command should i use to uninstall everything?

My set up is a Lenovo desktop with Linux Mint, a Raspberry pi 4 and a easy store 1TB hard drive.

Your kind advise will be humbly appreciated.

Victor

• Offizieller Beitrag

error due to a long host name that is still showing up on Network>>General.

What happens if you change the hostname there? Just enter a shorter one, press save and then apply (if/when the banner on the top of the page shows up).

Any error messages?

• Hello macom,

This is what I get when change and save the new hostname on Systems>>Network>>General, after I apply changes on the yellow strip at the top of the screen: (all other sections of OMV and the Raspberry home and terminal accepted the new hostname except this one)

ERROR:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color systemd-networkd 2>&1' with exit code '1': raspberrypivictor:
    ---------- ID: remove_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 12:03:36.359829 Duration: 3.688 ms Changes: ---------- file.find:
    ---------- ID: remove_empty_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 12:03:36.363828 Duration: 3.65 ms Changes: ---------- file.find:
    ---------- ID: remove_netplan_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: ['/etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml', '/etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml'] Started: 12:03:36.367786 Duration: 3.798 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: - /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml - /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml
    ---------- ID: configure_etc_network_interfaces Function: file.managed Name: /etc/network/interfaces Result: True Comment: File /etc/network/interfaces is in the correct state Started: 12:03:36.376800 Duration: 82.528 ms Changes:
    ---------- ID: symlink_systemd_resolvconf Function: file.symlink Name: /etc/resolv.conf Result: True Comment: Symlink /etc/resolv.conf is present and owned by root:root Started: 12:03:36.459649 Duration: 5722.749 ms Changes:
    ---------- ID: configure_netplan_default Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml updated Started: 12:03:42.182961 Duration: 42.025 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644
    ---------- ID: apply_netplan_config Function: cmd.run Name: netplan apply Result: False Comment: Command "netplan apply" run Started: 12:03:42.225318 Duration: 333.606 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 6147 retcode: 1 stderr: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/sbin/netplan", line 23, in <module> netplan.main() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/core.py", line 50, in main self.run_command() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command self.func() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 43, in run self.run_command() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command self.func() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 93, in command_apply stderr=subprocess.DEVNULL) File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 347, in check_call raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd) subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['udevadm', 'test-builtin', 'net_setup_link', '/sys/class/net/lo']' returned non-zero exit status 1. stdout:

Summary for raspberrypivictor
    ------------
    Succeeded: 6 (changed=5)
    Failed: 1
    ------------
    Total states run: 7
    Total run time: 6.192 s

• Bioethical

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Should I uninstall OMV and install everything again? the longer hostname problem can't be solved.“ zu „(SOLVED) Should I uninstall OMV and install everything again? the longer hostname problem can't be solved.“ geändert.
  • Hello macom,

It worked! I changed the residual host name to the new one. I also could enable Workgroup and added device eth0 with no problems.

Thank you very much again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!