Autoshutdown and WOL

• Version: 4.1.36-1 (Arrakis)

Kernel: Linux 4.19.0-0.bpo.9-amd64

Hi,

So, I have been chasing down an issue for some time now whereby my OMV media server won't WOL consistently when pinged either by my OSMC client, the TVHeadEnd server, or using the 'wolcmd' exe on a Windows machine. The OSMC client is set to WOL the OMV when OSMC starts up, as is the TVH server. The 'wolcmd' exe is from Depicus.

I've been playing with it tonight and have found the following:

1. With the OMV server running, I go into the web GUI and do 'Standby'...after this OSMC, TVH, and wolcmd will all start the OMV server no problem.

2. If I let autoshutdown do it's thing and go into 'Standby' none of OSMC, TVH, or wolcmd seem to be able to WOL the OMV server

I'm not sure if this is new behaviour or not, as I have regular recordings on TVH each morning that (mostly) record fine, and autoshutdown then puts the OMV server into standby.

That said, it does on occasion get to the point where I experience scenario 2 above, and none of OSMC, TVH, or wolcmd will wake OMV...I've been rebooting when I get to this state which seemed to solve it.

When I tried that tonight it didn't work, which led me to digging deeper and finding the above scenarios.

I did an update of all packages showing in the web GUI, so should be up-to-date...for V4 of OMV anyway.

I'm not sure where to look next to see what's going wrong in scenario 2...can anyone help?

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!