Network permission probem with docker, not only portainer and yacht.

• 12/28 Updated:

I had totally 3 times for OMV installation.

First time, I installed using omv iso directly, I used pve-kernel without this issue,

But to install to USB with omv iso, I need to change a small memory for swap.

So the second time, I install OMV on debian because I can turn off swap.

But I had this issue with pve-kernel.

The third time, I changed a CPU and install OMV on debian agian, and I still had this issue with pve-kernel.

I found some infomation that pve-kernel can't use docker. But why my first time worked fine????

Does anyone one have solution?

Thanks !

-----------------------------------------------------

Installed OMV on Debian buster.

I installed omv-extras and docker.

when I tried to install portainer, installation will be finished, but always restarting.

when I checked docker log (docker logs -f portainer), it seems like a network permission issue.

I tried install docker to /var/lib/docker or my path, I also tried install docker manually, but nothing changed for me.

• Hello,

It seems that there're a lot of network problems in several docker containers with no access to DNS.

I saw a solution which seems to works in this thread. I've tried succesfully on my zoneminder container :

going into the container (console) and running chmod 0644 /etc/resolv.conf?

Maybe you can try ...

Is there a solution to applicate it more easily (in particular when the container stop quickly before entering in the console) ?

Fabrice

• Hi Fabrice,

Thank you!

Yes, I think there are some network problems.

I am using 10Gbe network card as default network at dhcp mode.

After I installed docker, the I can't do apt update or any network connection. But after I set nameserver 8.8.8.8 to /etc/resolv.conf, this issue was resolved.

However, for the network problems inside docker, still don't work well. I also tried the solution in that thread but not works for my environment.

It's my first time to install omv on debian, I don't know does this issue occur because of it.

Regards

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!