Web UI issues

• OK, so docker is running.... what is your question?

When I install my container again through portainer. I cant but because I get this message:

Code
    Failure
    Cannot restart container 115a1ad003925db7e46c614df57990dcfcb1066b2585790ec1a395e7065b61b8: error creating overlay mount to /var/lib/docker/overlay2/7e1dd00f4e334752a40ba8bc8e1e6b9f528fed3b38096bf0b2d5c08540fec77d/merged: no such file or directory

So my containers can not be installed.

Also, when I tried to login into portainer I get some red error box about not being to retrieve endpoints.

• tannaroo

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • Sorry guys this has happened again my system drive is almost full but yet my docker installation are on separate externa HDD (not root drive). (i.e. after it happened the first time, I uninstalled Docker and containers and reinstalled to a separate drive) which cleared my system drive.

It seems my overlay directory is getting big again. Not sure why as my containers are on external drives as well.

Tried docker system prune and apt-get clean but no effect.

Here is an output of df -h

• Thanks.

I followed that and have 4.6G in a non directory at the bottom but dont know how to access the directory?

The total here adds up to about 9-10G but OMV UI says 15G (which is the size of my system drive).

• Unmount all your data hard disks. Then examine the mount points in /srv which should be now empty. If they are not, find out why.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Unmount all your data hard disks. Then examine the mount points in /srv which should be now empty. If they are not, find out why.

I've unmounted all data disks but how do I check the mount points please?

EDIT: As all I see now is my root system drive with only 65MB left

• Look in every directory and subdirectory under /srv. They should be empty with no disks mounted there.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• ok so if I have done it right, I changed my directory to  cd /srv  and then ran  ncdu -x

it finding loads of files. it seems my external hard drives are mounted even though at the moment they physically disconnected

EDIT: This is whats showing in /srv

Code
    root@omv:/srv# ls
    5abca6fb-5bf9-42da-8cf1-3f5e1381ff95  a222ea17-b53b-42a2-8278-3a7321364d31  dev-by-disk-label-Monkey   dev-disk-by-label-Chimp     dev-disk-by-label-Hippo   ftp     salt
    9b151806-f786-4611-8289-29b12d8a5756  d97deb01-7286-4661-b6d7-520fa715fe43  dev-disk-by-label-AppData  dev-disk-by-label-Elephant  dev-disk-by-label-Monkey  pillar
  • If your hard drives are physically disconnected, they can't be mounted.

What you are seeing are files that should have been written to the hard drives but weren't because the drive or drives were not mounted when the files were written. They got written to the mount point directory instead and are counted as being part of the root filesystem because they are part of the root filesystem.

How much do all those files add up to? Did you look in those subdirectories?

--

• So ncdu -x has found 9GB of backup data - so I guess coud this be one of my drives failed to mount for some reason and then the backup was made on my root drive?

So its safe to delete everything within /srv if my external drives are disconnected as this is now sitting on my system drive?

• So ncdu -x has found 9GB of backup data - so I guess coud this be one of my drives failed to mount for some reason and then the backup was made on my root drive?

Exactly. A common problem, especially with USB external drives.

You can delete the backup data if you are sure you don't need it.

Don't delete the dev-by-disk-label- directories. Those are the mount points.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

oops - i had deleted them before i received your post. I reattached my drives and everything seems ok - i hope i havent done long term damage?

It might have just rebuilt the directory structure based on the omv config file, since the drives were unmounted when you deleted them.... if you ssh your server and cd to /srv, are your drive paths back there and complete? If so, It's likely OK.

• It might have just rebuilt the directory structure based on the omv config file, since the drives were unmounted when you deleted them.... if you ssh your server and cd to /srv, are your drive paths back there and complete? If so, It's likely OK.

They're there but the underlying directories are empty but I guess that is what should be expected as they should not be on the system drive?

• Offizieller Beitrag

They're there but the underlying directories are empty but I guess that is what should be expected as they should not be on the system drive?

If the underlying directories are not there (and the drives are mounted) then that is a problem

• If the underlying directories are not there (and the drives are mounted) then that is a problem

i'm navigating around using ncdu and underlying directories are not there but if i use windows explorer i see them and the omv ui shows the external drives as mounted with data being used.

when i try to ssh and cd into the external drive I get this but maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Code
    root@omv:/srv# cd /dev-disk-by-label-Elephant
    -bash: cd: /dev-disk-by-label-Elephant: No such file or directory
    root@omv:/srv#
    • Offizieller Beitrag

i'm navigating around using ncdu and underlying directories are not there but if i use windows explorer i see them and the omv ui shows the external drives as mounted with data being used.

when i try to ssh and cd into the external drive I get this but maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Code
    root@omv:/srv# cd /dev-disk-by-label-Elephant
    -bash: cd: /dev-disk-by-label-Elephant: No such file or directory
    root@omv:/srv#

Maybe it got listed under a new label or something when you mounted it? What happens if you ls on the /srv directory.

Are new directories there.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!