Another rsync question

• Hello...Thx for this top piece of software...

My readynas pro 6 likes it alot...

My only problem so ar is rsync...

I used to backup my shares to a second nas every night to have a fail over safety...raid 6 is not a backup kind of deal.

So i have it set up as rsync with ssh authentication...both nases know each other and the dry run works great...

But as soon i go life it says in the logs

Rsync: mkdir and then my path file or directory not found...

Please help...

And let me know what i can provide to help u help me

Thx

• I notice that nobody seems to be replying to your posts ... yet you manage to figure out your issues.

I have just snagged a pro 6 from kijiji. I am looking at OMV, FreeNAS, and the OS6 upgrade.

With OMV, do you have full functionality of fan control and LCD display/dimming ?

Any major hardware caveats ?

if it isn't dead, it is still good .. Use it.

• Hello....

I figured it out with Rsync the other day...

Fan control is only via bios...havent found any fancontrol software that works yet...but bios is fine

Mine has 4 gig and i havent been able to find ram that works with it for 8 gig/freenas...

so i ma stuck on 4 gig

OS6 upgrade is easy and works well...but i wanted more fun, so i went with openmediavault...

and i am fighting with it since...

right now with "entering rescue mode" since the machine cannot find normal.mod on boot for some reason...opened a threat about it already...

Had it running for a week or two and even bluecherry running on it next to openmediavault...and then i had a total hardware loss (usb drive where it is all installed on was empty all the sudden)

• Darkyputz

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Darkyputz

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!