[solved] 0.5.31 -> 0.5.32 ": "net.inet.tcp.delayed ..."

• I wanted to upgrade to the latest version (0.5.32) and got this error:

Kernel: 3.2.0-0.bpo.4-amd64
    I'll try the 2.6-kernel and report back. Anyone having this error, too?

Update:
    I can't find the source of the problem. With Kernel 2.6 the installation gives the same error
    Where is the file, where these net.inet.tcp-things are configured?
    I looked into:
    /etc/sysctl.d
    usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf
    /var/lib/dpkg/info
    and others ...

Update #2:
    It was /etc/sysctl.conf :evil:
    I commented out this entries:

Code
    #net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack=0
    #net.inet.tcp.recvspace=40960
    #net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=0

and it worked. I don't remember, if I made theese changes by myself, but it worked before 0.5.31 since a looooong time.

• It worked before :| Wasn't sysctl not executed before at boot or upgrade? I always thought sysctl is executed after/while booting? :shock:

If a user modifies the sysctl-values and it gives errors, wouldn't "-e" help? Then users could upgrade without an error in the future ...
    from "man sysctl"

Zitat

-e
    Use this option to ignore errors about unknown keys.

I know, OMV is for "normal" users, who don't modify the sysctl.conf, but shouldn't it be also "rock solid" and stable (for the other ones)? :roll:

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Solo0815"

It worked before :| Wasn't sysctl not executed before at boot or upgrade? I always thought sysctl is executed after/while booting? :shock:

This is correct, but maybe it ignores unknown keys.

Zitat von "Solo0815"

I know, OMV is for "normal" users, who don't modify the sysctl.conf, but shouldn't it be also "rock solid" and stable (for the other ones)? :roll:

Calling 'sysctl -e -p' should fix that issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!