Can't create shared folders

• Hey OMV pro's,

first time user here.

I've freshly installed OMV 5, added user accounts, created file systems for all the HDD's in my OMV server and finaly want to create a couple of shared folders on each of the HDD's for which I prevously created file systems (ext4).

But, after I've entered a name (e. g. documents) for the newly to create shared folder I'm not able to open the drop-down menu where I should be able to select the HDD/file system where the folder "documents" should be placed.

A look into > storage > file systems states the following:

device(s) Label Filesystem Total Available Used Mounted Status

/dev/sda1 data ext4 n/a n/a n/a No Online

/dev/sdb1 data ext4 n/a n/a n/a No Online

Connected via SSH lsblk shows, that partitions are created. I'm also able to mount those partitions and write data to them.

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT

sda 8:0 0 1.8T 0 disk

└─sda1 8:1 0 1.8T 0 part

sdb 8:16 0 1.8T 0 disk

└─sdb1 8:17 0 1.8T 0 part

I bet the solution is dead simple, but right now I'm clueless.

Thanks for for your time reading.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does problem #2 help? Solutions to common problems

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for your answer ryecoaaron ,

Nope, as stated before I've first tried to create shared folders via OMV GUI, but I was not able to select a device after I've entered a name for the shared folder.

Mounting the drive via CLI I did afterwards, to test if it's generally possible the mount the file system I've created via OMV GUI - which was possible.

Next I did unmount the file system via CLI and tried again via OMV GUI but was still not able to open the drop-down menu to select a device.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope, as stated before I've first tried to create shared folders via OMV GUI, but I was not able to select a device after I've entered a name for the shared folder.

Your post doesn't say you ever mounted via the web interface. It only sounded like you were mounting via command line. So, just checking.

What is the output of: omv-showkey mntent

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-showkey: command not found

you don't have omv-extras installed then. Use

omv-confdbadm read --prettify conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint

• Offizieller Beitrag

If that is what you see, you have not mounted your filesystems from the web interface.

• Offizieller Beitrag

mounted was the keyword. Now I'm able to create shared folders.

Glad it fixed the problem. That is what Problem #2 on the link I posted said though.

• New here, so not sure if reusing old threads was preferred or bad etiquette.

I have similar problem, except that I DID mount using the omv web interface. But I still cannot create a share using the dropdown. What should I try next?

This is the output of the mntent command:

• I am also experiencing this issue.

I mounted my drive using the OMV web interface. Now I cannot create a shared folder using the "select a filesystem..." dropdown menu as it does not appear in the menu when I click on it. The drive has mounted with an "Online" status but I cannot use it to create a new shared folder. I attached some screenshots.

I should mention that this issue has popped up after I wiped my Raspberry Pi 4 and reinstalled Open Media Vault. The file system was formatted before the wipe in my previous environment. Is it possible to re mount this drive and use it as a share after a reinstall?

Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

• I was having this same issue.
    Tried a few things, not sure but I think perhaps trying to select the FS dropdown before typing in the Name input breaks it?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!