Accessing WebGUI with Firefox mobile

• Hi

I've recently installed OMV 5 onto my Rock64 running Debian Buster using the script found on GitHub.

I'm trying to access the WebGUI via my mobile phone on Firefox's mobile browser app, but every time I login it loops back to login screen. Weirdly I can access and log into the WebGUI with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge perfectly fine, but Firefox is my preferred browser but it's not working. I never had any of these problems with OMV 4, however, Firefox mobile was using its old code at the time compared to the current version of Firefox which within the last couple of months the app has been redesigned so it could be that too. It's like something configured on the web server Firefox doesn't like.

Has anyone else experience this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can not reproduce this on iOS with latest Firefox 29.2 but that does not say anything because it uses the iOS renderer under the hood. Can not see any issues with the desktop 83.0.

Do you see a error message or anything else? Have you looked into /var/log/syslog, /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log and /var/log/php7.3-fpm.log?

• /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_access.log

/var/log/auth.log

Code
    Dec  1 18:41:44 OMV-SERVER openmediavault-webgui[3763]: Authorized login from ::ffff:192.168.1.100 [username=admin, user-agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Android 8.1.0; Mobile; rv:83.0) Gecko/83.0 Firefox/83.0]
    Dec  1 18:42:01 OMV-SERVER CRON[3775]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
    Dec  1 18:42:01 OMV-SERVER CRON[3775]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
  • i upgrade from omv4 to omv5 and met this issue too.

i have disable all firefox(fenix) addons and delete browser data such as cookies.

after input user name and passwd, it loop back.

firefox(version 85.1.3) and nightly build both failed with android 10.

while edge with android, firefox in windows and linux works fine.

• /var/log/syslog

Feb 19 14:40:07 blc smbd[1099]: [2021/02/19 14:40:07.585857, 2] ../source3/smbd/server.c:807(remove_child_pid)

Feb 19 14:40:07 blc smbd[1099]: Could not find child 4563 -- ignoring

Feb 19 14:45:01 blc CRON[4641]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/omv-mkrrdgraph >/dev/null 2>&1)

Feb 19 14:55:07 blc smbd[1099]: [2021/02/19 14:55:07.654823, 2] ../source3/smbd/server.c:807(remove_child_pid)

Feb 19 14:55:07 blc smbd[1099]: Could not find child 5044 -- ignoring

Feb 19 15:00:01 blc CRON[5193]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/omv-mkrrdgraph >/dev/null 2>&1)

• It seems to an issue of firefox due to cookies.

An disscusion is here.

Votdev suggest that:

The only thing that come to my mind is to suggest those users to switch the browser till Firefox has fixed the bug.

The bug can be tracked here.

There is a temporary method to solve this problem, that change omv php config.

1. backup and edit /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/openmediavault-webgui.conf

find section below and change from "Strict" to "Lax"

php_value[session.cookie_samesite] = "Lax"

2. backup and edit /etc/openmediavault/php.ini

find section blow and change the value to "Lax"

session.cookie_samesite =

3. sudo monit restart omv-engined

4. sudo sudo /etc/init.d/php7.3-fpm restart

5. clean firefox mobile cookies.

then that login the webui.

try as your own risk.

• willowen100

Thank you very much for your Script. :love:

I tried it, too and can confirm that mobile firefox login is working after the changes it applied. :thumbup:

This bug was driving me crazy.

• Hi All,

I've just add the / directory and add user to OMV 6 and I experienced the same issue here above, but I can access from Android Browser (edge, chrome, Huawei) and I cannot access from any pc Browser (edge, chrome)

I tried the scrips above but it didn't work for me... I'm stucked on this situation and I would like to don't format and reinstall from scratch...

any suggestion?

I would think to remove and reinstall php but I'm not so sure how to do it and how to do reinstall all the info.

any help will be much appreciate

thanks

Ale

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!