Plex Docker running at 100%??? CPU useage

• Hi,

Im hoping someone can help so noitced last night my OMV Rasperberry kept send me emails saying the resource was limited went in and looked at and found this under processess

Applied updates and then restarted the whole thing but still the same, so went into portainer then in Plex and found this under logs

i have had to stop the container for the moment but unsure what to do, or how to revert back to a prevoius container image of plex.

Can someone help please?

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

• STUKguy

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Plex Docker running at 288%??? CPU useage“ zu „Plex Docker running at 100%??? CPU useage“ geändert.
  • Not enough information provided as the actual complete command Plex is running is not shown. Try discovering this with top or htop in the shell.

There are Plex processes that normally have high CPU usage such as transcoding and creating preview images (if configured to so this).

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Not enough information provided as the actual complete command Plex is running is not shown. Try discovering this with top or htop in the shell.

There are Plex processes that normally have high CPU usage such as transcoding and creating preview images (if configured to so this).

I am no "Shell" expert so i am not sure how to do what you are talking about

• Open a shell and type: top

Thanks,

So from checking if any one else has the issue someone has flagged it on th Plex Forums and the response from the Plex people was this

So it sounds like an issue with the container image rather than anything else, unsure where to escalte this to though

• Same issue here

• Hi,

OP from your screenshot i'm asuming you are using the latest linuxserver/plex docker on your raspberry, if so this is broken due to the container base image being updated see: Upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal) . You need to change your docker container tag see github issue.

omv 7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) | x86_64 | Linux 6.1.0-18 kernel

Plugins: kernel 7.0.5 | compose 7.1.4 | flashmemory 7.0 | cputemp 7.0.1 | apttool 7.0 | sharerootfs 7.0-1 | omvextrasorg 7.0

• Same issue here

The easiest solution i found was to do this Portainer > Container > Plex > "Duplicate/Edit" > change "linuxserver/plex:latest" to linuxserver/plex:bionic > scroll down and click on "Deploy the container"

i searched high and low on how to resolve the latest build issue and other than coffinbearer no one has been much help!!!

• The easiest solution i found was to do this Portainer > Container > Plex > "Duplicate/Edit" > change "linuxserver/plex:latest" to linuxserver/plex:bionic > scroll down and click on "Deploy the container"

i searched high and low on how to resolve the latest build issue and other than coffinbearer no one has been much help!!!

This fix the issue. thank you very much

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!