Plex Docker running at 100%??? CPU useage

• Hi,

Im hoping someone can help so noitced last night my OMV Rasperberry kept send me emails saying the resource was limited went in and looked at and found this under processess

Applied updates and then restarted the whole thing but still the same, so went into portainer then in Plex and found this under logs

i have had to stop the container for the moment but unsure what to do, or how to revert back to a prevoius container image of plex.

Can someone help please?

• STUKguy

Changed the title of the thread from “Plex Docker running at 288%??? CPU useage” to “Plex Docker running at 100%??? CPU useage”.
  • Not enough information provided as the actual complete command Plex is running is not shown. Try discovering this with top or htop in the shell.

There are Plex processes that normally have high CPU usage such as transcoding and creating preview images (if configured to so this).

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

• Not enough information provided as the actual complete command Plex is running is not shown. Try discovering this with top or htop in the shell.

There are Plex processes that normally have high CPU usage such as transcoding and creating preview images (if configured to so this).

I am no "Shell" expert so i am not sure how to do what you are talking about

• Same issue here

• The easiest solution i found was to do this Portainer > Container > Plex > "Duplicate/Edit" > change "linuxserver/plex:latest" to linuxserver/plex:bionic > scroll down and click on "Deploy the container"

i searched high and low on how to resolve the latest build issue and other than coffinbearer no one has been much help!!!

This fix the issue. thank you very much

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!