Disk Permission problem?

• Hi Team.

After an absence and HD failure / replacement, I have now set up OMV5 on my Odroid HC2.

Currently a 10TB disk is connected via USB. The main partition is formatted as EXT4. The drive is functioning fine, and I can read / write without problems as the main user.

However I am trying to set up a read only user. It worked fine when I was using an external NTFS disk, but having transferred everything over to the the EXT4 disk, my read only user is not gaining access to the shares.

I'm not sure if it is a configuration issue within OMV5, or a Disk permissions issue, and I don't quite know enough about *nix to know where to start looking!

Can anyone provide some suggestions as to where I can begin the troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Rob

• This issue has me almost pulling my hair out!

Still haven't managed to resolve it.

I can access the shares via my read / write user, but cannot make them available as read only to my other user (kodi) or even make them available to guests. Constantly just get no access, on Windows or Android devices.

I eventually found where the USB drive is mounted (/srv) and the permissions on shared folders mostly read drwxr-xr-x. To me that indicates that users should be able to read the files.

So why is SAMBA not playing ball?

Have experimented with all the settings in Access Rights Management->Shared Folders tabs, ensuring use 'kodi' has read access to my shared folders.

I have done the same with the group 'Users', to which 'kodi' belongs.

Under Shared Folders -> Privileges & Shared Folders ->I have ensured the same.

I have also checked the settings in SMB/CFS -> Shares -> Edit tab and settings are all looking good to me.

I'm about ready to do a full reinstall in order to see if that works. Seems like overkill for what is probably something I'm missing!

Any help appreciated...

Rob

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!