Error when creating sharedrive

• Everytime I try to create a new sharedfolder, the process fails with the following error message. Any ideas? Many thanks!

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-dockerfiles.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for sharedfolders-dockerfiles.mount failed. See "systemctl status sharedfolders-dockerfiles.mount" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

systemctl status shows the following:

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

OMV5 on ProLiant N54L (AMD CPU)

• Offizieller Beitrag

The /sharedfolders/ link system has been disabled for some time because it created so many problems in docker container deployment. Are you trying to create shared folders from the OMV GUI’s Shared Folders tab or from the command line? Google the forum for sharedfolders. Your tag above shows you are using OMV4. I didn’t know it was still enabled in 4. You should upgrade to OMV5 anyway. 4 has been end of life for a while.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• in OMV4 the sharedfolders still works. Yes, I am trying to create inside GUI.

I am reluctant to upgrade from OMV4 to 5 as my server runs pretty stable. Is there a safe and painless way to upgrade to OMV5?

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

OMV5 on ProLiant N54L (AMD CPU)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Safe: have everything backed up.

Painless: probably not.

I did not upgrade. I was moving to new hardware anyway so installed fresh. There are big differences between 4 and 5 but there is an upgrade script on the forum somewhere. Give it a Google. You need to uninstall all of your plugins before you begin as many plugins were not ported to 5. They can be reinstalled later via docker. There are several upgrade threads on the forum.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to uninstall all of your plugins before you begin

Will be done by the script.

Here is the post with the script:

RE: OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!