Unable to update - python error

• I am unable to update my OMV4 and I have not been able to find this error in the forum. I know, I know, I really need to update to OMV5 and I do plan to but it will be a new box. Until then I want to keep this thing updated as much as possible. I tried the usual apt-clean, configure, update repositories with no luck. It seems to be complaining about Python.

• vulcan4d

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Unable to update“ zu „Unable to update - python error“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

The python error is not a problem. It has been posted about many, many times. The libelf1 package is in a bad state though. I would run omv-aptclean and see if it cleans it up. Otherwise, try:

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/e/elfutils/libelf1_0.168-1_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg -i libelf1_0.168-1_amd64.deb

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The python error is not a problem. It has been posted about many, many times. The libelf1 package is in a bad state though. I would run omv-aptclean and see if it cleans it up. Otherwise, try:

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/e/elfutils/libelf1_0.168-1_amd64.deb

Thank you for lending a helping hand. I did as you said, used app-clean which didn't work followed with re-installing the libelfl package. Sadly it too has the input/output error:

Code
    dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
     reading files list for package 'libelf1:amd64': Input/output error

I'll read up on libelf1 and see if I can find a solution.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds as if the media your OS is installed on is starting to fail. What kind of media is it?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• This error doesn't appear out of the blue and I have never seen a status file getting corrupted. It really sounds like an SSD with failing sectors. I recommend to check the SMART health status of the disk.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!