USB Backup problem - Error when HDD plugged in second time

• Hello,

Am new to this forum, new to OMV as well as Linux and posting for the first time. I have successfully installed OMV 5 on Rasp. pi4 using all the knowledge shared here.

My shared folders are on 1 TB external HDD and am currently stuck during configuring USB Backup plugin. I thought I had it but later landed in a unique problem which I am not able to overcome.

I installed the plugin through OMV interface version 5.0.6-1.

Configured it to backup one of my shared folders to a blank freshly ext4 formatted external HDD which I salvaged from my old laptop. I ran a test using OMV UI as soon as I configured the folders and it ran perfectly.

I unmounted the HDD through the UI and unplugged it. As a test, I added some new files to my shared folder and plugged back the device. It worked perfectly. So I unplugged the device from my setup. [ATTACHED FILE - success.txt]

I wanted to do another test to delete a file from my shared folder to see it it deletes from my backup device. This is where I encounter the problem.

As soon as I plug the device the second time, I get an error. The sync does not work, nor my disks are mounted. I unplugged and plugged back in several times but I keep getting the same error. [ATTACHED FILE - error.txt]

Point to note, I then decided to mount the disk manually through OMV and ran the Backup through OMV web ui, it ran perfectly. (Wondering what I did for it to stop working automatically).

So at this point, manually executing backup through OMV Webui works, but it fails to run automatically every time I unplug and plug in the device.

I then disabled the service and enabled it back from the OMV UI. Now this is where it gets strange. IT worked, but again only for the first time. When i unplugged and plugged in again, it started giving the same error.

So, at this stage, everytime I disable and enable this job, the backup runs as intended the first time I plug my HDD but fails the second time.

What am I doing wrong?

• ibarot

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!