Custom Notificaiton with Signal Messenger does not work with sink

• Hi,

I have been using custom notification with telegram following this guide: [GUIDE] Use Telegram as notification service. This works very good also with OMV5.

However, I am thinking to switch to Signal Messenger. I thought I could use a similar approach. I have duplicated the Telegram OMV sink.d file and inserted this code for signal:

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    sender="+49xxxxxx"
    recipiant="+49yyyyyyy"
    echo -e "${OMV_NOTIFICATION_SUBJECT} on the ${OMV_NOTIFICATION_DATE} \n\n $(cat ${OMV_NOTIFICATION_MESSAGE_FILE})" |signal-cli -u $sender send $recipiant

However, this script seems not to be triggered.

I tested already manual message sending with signal which works very well. Also using this commands it works without any issues:

Code
    export OMV_NOTIFICATION_SUBJECT=test
    export OMV_NOTIFICATION_DATE=testdate
    export OMV_NOTIFICATION_MESSAGE_FILE=/tmp/testfile
    /usr/share/openmediavault/notification/sink.d/./20signal

Any idea why it does not work automatically with custom notification and sink scripts?

• Try to use absolute paths in the script. Another thing may be that postfix executes the commands in a limited shell environment. Does signal-cli require any special environment variables? Try to enable debugging in that command and check syslog if there are any messages related to that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!